Christian couple tortured & murdered in Pakistan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian couple tortured & murdered in Pakistan

for allegedly burning a quran

LAHORE, Pakistan — An enraged mob tortured a Pakistani Christian couple and incinerated their bodies in a brick kiln in eastern Pakistan on Tuesday after they were accused of burning a Quran, police officials said.

The killings, which happened in the town of Kot Radha Kishan in Punjab Province, were the latest violent outbreak of religious intolerance in Pakistan, where members of minorities are frequently accused of blasphemy.

The two victims, Shahzad Masih and Shama Masih, who had four children and were believed to be in their mid-20s, both worked as laborers at a local brick kiln. The accusations against them began after burned pages of the Quran were said to have been found in their trash.

On Tuesday, as word spread, the couple were locked up in a room adjacent to the brick kiln by their employer, Yousaf Gujjar, who also had a running dispute with the couple over money. Some accounts in local news media suggested that Mr. Gujjar accused them of blasphemy after they refused to repay money he had lent them.

Meanwhile, local clerics made incendiary announcements and urged people to gather. Hundreds of people converged on the couple’s home, and witnesses said some in the crowd broke down the door and dragged the couple out. The police said they were tortured and then burned in the kiln.

“By the time police arrived, the couple was already dead,” Jawad Qamar, the local police chief, told local news media outlets. “Their bodies were totally burned.” He said a criminal case had been filed against at least 460 people, and 48 people had been arrested. The police were conducting raids to detain more suspects.

According to Pakistan’s much-debated blasphemy laws, such accusations can be punishable by execution. But more often, blasphemy accusations end up leading to vigilante violence. Rights activists say such accusations are frequently used to settle personal vendettas or to harass religious minorities. Mere criticism of the blasphemy codes has even led to threats and violence.

Shahbaz Sharif, the Punjab chief minister, has formed a three-member committee to investigate the latest killings.

Also, the police have been ordered to increase security around Christian neighborhoods in Punjab.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/05/wo...-mob.html?_r=0

They must have been Sinners.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by RwK View Post
      They must have been Sinners.
      they weren't muslim so that was their sin

Comment

That is ****ing ******ed.

1. Who just casually burns Qurans and tosses them in the garbage, like it's something to do.

2. Is that really worth your life and torture?

Martin Luther king said that you can only defeat hate with love, but these animals need to be put down. There is a poison and a hatred inside of them that has burned away all traces of their humanity and reason.

They are a pack of wild beasts.

Comment

Manager who had money dispute with them could have planted the burnt Quran pages in their trash

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
            Manager who had money dispute with them could have planted the burnt Quran pages in their trash
            Open and shut case Johnson!

Comment

There are liberals that if you condemn other people's societies you are called a racist. Well, fuk that. I'm no racist and I don't hate Pakistani people, but...

We are better than Pakistan. I'm so glad I live in country where people don't act like it's the 12th century. Animals is what those people are and I can't wait until we study the Quran and other holy books the same way we do Greek mythology in schools.

Time for these ideas to die off.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                There are liberals that if you condemn other people's societies you are called a racist. Well, fuk that. I'm no racist and I don't hate Pakistani people, but...

We are better than Pakistan. I'm so glad I live in country where people don't act like it's the 12th century. Animals is what those people are and I can't wait until we study the Quran and other holy books the same way we do Greek mythology in schools.

Good luck with that bro. Let me know how it works out

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  Good luck with that bro. Let me know how it works out
                  It's going to happen, do you know how many religions have died? Do you think Islam, Christianity and Judaism is any different?

****, Mormonism is on it's way out, Scientology is a joke, Zoroastrianism is dying as well and that's more ancient than any of the Abrahamic religions.

People are waking the fuk up, I did.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

Still in your Hitchens phase i see.

Comment

Working...
                    X