Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whatever happened to the Wilder/Stiverne rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whatever happened to the Wilder/Stiverne rematch?

Not that I wanted this fight to happen but the WBC ordered it back in February. Now I hear that Wilder is fighting Parker instead. Was the rematch an early April Fools joke that was played on all of us?

I dont think its even due until september or whatever..

But bet your bottom dollar that Wilders side are doing every single possible thing they can to give him some sort of payday against someone other than a low money-making opponent like stiverne, especially one that's ranked in his orgs top 10 LOL.

in the last 2 weeks.. Ive heard wilder say he is in advanced talks with Parker, to then switch two days later and be all over shenanigans with Bellew, to then decide his next fight should be AJ.

All he wants is a cash out against a good name, because his advisers and trainers know anyone with an ounce of talent blitzes him to bits, and they'd sooner take the money and lose the belt than risk complete mediocrity on his title reign when over two years in, he still hasnt fought anyone of note.

#BUMSQUAAAAAAAAAAD

Comment

He's the mandatory but wilder doesn't want to fight him. Good for him

Comment

They must have convinced the wbc they are chasing a unification for the next fight

Comment

Wilder said he was 'not interested' in it recently.

The WBC will allow him to fight whomever gets them paid the most. Expect him to be paid some step aside money, and then maybe ordered to face Ortiz to get his spot back or some ****. Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Then again he's still with King right? King and the WBC are still tight as fuck, practically family.

Comment

Stiverne. Is that bum still fighting?

Comment

As Paulf said, Deontay said he's not at all interested. Wants Parker or AJ.

Comment

who wants to see that again? and why?

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                  Stiverne. Is that bum still fighting?
                  No, he isn't. Which is odd because he's Deontay's mandatory without actually having earned it in the ring by you know...fighting

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    No, he isn't. Which is odd because he's Deontay's mandatory without actually having earned it in the ring by you know...fighting
                    He got that slot because Uncle sulaiman was asked really really nicely not to let Ortiz have the mando.

Comment

Working...
                    X