No announcement yet.

Big Nog: "It was stupid"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Nog: "It was stupid"

"It was stupid. The fight was won, but I made up my mind to go for a submission. Two more shots and I knocked out Mir for sure. But I wanted to finish the fight beautifully. I wanted to finish with a submission.

"For a long time I had not finished a fight with a submission, so for a moment I wanted to submit him (laughs). But it was stupid, I was should have gotten the knock out. The fight was mine and I missed the opportunity.

"I felt very well. I was fast with good movement and very confident. I tried to submit when I was in a position where he could counter attack and he ended up taking my arm. I made a mistake, it was stupid ..."
    http://oglobo.globo.com/blogs/mma/po...mir-421152.asp

Thats the truth if he would of kept punching Big Nog would be back in the title picture. Hes looked real good. His chin may be broken alil but the man still has the skills to take it to any top 10 hw.

Comment

Thats for dam sure I was yelling he knocked him out and he went for the "stupid" ass choke wtf had it all wrapped up ah well the gate kepper wins a lucky one...

Comment

You're damn right it was stupid. I'm glad I didn't put money on that fight.

But it's not the first time Nog has done something stupid like that. He did the same thing to Couture. He dropped Couture with a beautiful combo and instead of finishing him with punches, he goes for the submission. WTF Nog!!

Comment

it was stupid but its not an excuse. Nog bros are known for their BJJ. Thats like a boxer saying "I was going for the KO punch but I got KO'd. Should have gone for the submission."

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
            it was stupid but its not an excuse. Nog bros are known for their BJJ. Thats like a boxer saying "I was going for the KO punch but I got KO'd. Should have gone for the submission."
            Both Nogs know that wrestling is the dominant form of grappling in american mma. They know that they just cant stay on there back and hunt for submissions, and both have been perfering to stand recently anyway. On top of that Big Nog just finished watching Lil Nog mount tito and pound him out with strikes. Big Nog had even better positioning on his mount and all his shots were landing thru Franks fetal position guard and was literally two shots away from causing a ref stoppage.

Comment

Sure hurts like hell if you're a Nogueira fan. Just goes to show even some of the longest veterans still make bad mistakes.

Comment

A mistake if you're Captain Hindsight.

Nog always said that on the ground he can't be threatened by someone like Mir. Especially when he's dazed after getting seriously tagged.

Well guess what, he was wrong. Nothng wrong with going for the sub, he was just beaten by a better man.

Comment

Originally posted by boxkickboxmma View Post
                  Sure hurts like hell if you're a Nogueira fan. Just goes to show even some of the longest veterans still make bad mistakes.
                  That's how I feel.

Losing in that fashion was bad enough, but the fact that Big Nog lost to Mir (again) makes it that much more heartbreaking.

Comment

Working...
                  X