Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ricky Hatton the next Juan Manuel Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ricky Hatton the next Juan Manuel Marquez?

Ricky Hatton is willing to just walk away from a fight with Pacquiao. This inability to communicate and negotiate might be harmful to Hatton’s boxing career.

He is following the footsteps of Juan Manuel Marquez, who almost faded in the spotlight when he refused the immediate rematch with Manny Pacquiao. It cost JMM a lot of money when he fought Pacquiao years later in their rematch. Even though JMM was the champion during the rematch, Manny received the bigger share of the purse.

While Pacquiao has solidified his legacy and will continue to fight the best of the best regardless of weight, Hatton may continue to fight mediocre fighters in his 140 lb divison. Like JMM, One slip from Hatton, and he might be chasing his legacy and Pacquiao for years to come.

It took along time for JMM to regain the respect that he deserves. Hatton better be careful what he wished for. He is a big fish in a small pond right now but one slip might be costly. 55-45 now is better then 70-30 later on.

In fairness, to all the Hatton supporters. While I do agree 50-50 is fair, however, 55-45/60-40 is just for Manny Pacquiao. It's more about respect then the money. Also, Manny is advised by the shrewdest and most corrupt people in the Philippines.

Hatton is already established as much as he will ever be

Comment

Hatton-Marquez will probably happen if Marquez beats Diaz...which kinda sucks and is good. I mean I want the match to happen, but Marquez should fight Campbell first.

Comment

The was afew fights I wanted to see take place in 2009 and one of them was JMM v Ricky Hatton.

Comment

Originally posted by FatNJerseykid View Post
          Ricky Hatton is willing to just walk away from a fight with Pacquiao. This inability to communicate and negotiate might be harmful to Hatton’s boxing career.

He is following the footsteps of Juan Manuel Marquez, who almost faded in the spotlight when he refused the immediate rematch with Manny Pacquiao. It cost JMM a lot of money when he fought Pacquiao years later in their rematch. Even though JMM was the champion during the rematch, Manny received the bigger share of the purse.

While Pacquiao has solidified his legacy and will continue to fight the best of the best regardless of weight, Hatton may continue to fight mediocre fighters in his 140 lb divison. Like JMM, One slip from Hatton, and he might be chasing his legacy and Pacquiao for years to come.

It took along time for JMM to regain the respect that he deserves. Hatton better be careful what he wished for. He is a big fish in a small pond right now but one slip might be costly. 55-45 now is better then 70-30 later on.

In fairness, to all the Hatton supporters. While I do agree 50-50 is fair, however, 55-45/60-40 is just for Manny Pacquiao. It's more about respect then the money. Also, Manny is advised by the shrewdest and most corrupt people in the Philippines.
          Hatton is at a much different spot in his career then JMM was at the time he was looking for a rematch with Pac.

Comment

Hatton is ducking Chris John.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
              Hatton is ducking Chris John.

lmfao.....

Comment

Hatton is far more popular than JMM will ever be.
                This confusion and ego infused money argument will reflect worse on Pac than Hatton, as Manny is turning down the biggest purse of his career.

Comment

Ricky's greed got the best of him.

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
                    Hatton-Marquez will probably happen if Marquez beats Diaz...which kinda sucks and is good. I mean I want the match to happen, but Marquez should fight Campbell first.
                    Originally posted by Savino View Post
                    The was afew fights I wanted to see take place in 2009 and one of them was JMM v Ricky Hatton.
                    Hatton vs Marquez would be great. Both fighters will benefit for the fight a win will surely boost their reputation. It is a smart fight for Hatton to take if he walks away from the Pacquiao. However, would this fight be considered a fight for Manny Pacquiao?

Comment

Working...
                    X