Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder: The Extra Weight Will Only Slow Down Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder: The Extra Weight Will Only Slow Down Fury

LAS VEGAS Deontay Wilder isn't the least bit concerned about Tyson Fury packing on 16 additional pounds for their rematch. Fury intentionally put on more weight because the lineal heavyweight champion claims he wants to aggressively go after Wilder, tire him out by leaning on him and eventually knock out the unbeaten WBC champion. England's Fury weighed in at 273 pounds Friday for their rematch Saturday night at MGM Grand Garden Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

fury will drag wilder in deep waters then drown him, we talk about fury weight however willder has never been than heavy ever.

Comment

Originally posted by yard man View Post
      fury will drag wilder in deep waters then drown him, we talk about fury weight however willder has never been than heavy ever.
      He's been 229 twice and 228 once.

Fury has only been above 273 against Abell and Seferi.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
        He's been 229 twice and 228 once.

Fury has only been above 273 against Abell and Seferi.
        So Wilder three times and Fury twice. Great detective work and huge difference.

Comment

Fury seems to look good at this weight and as he said it's all natural weight not gym muscles.
          Whenever Wilder has weighed close to 230 he looked bad against really poor opposition.

Artur Szpilka outboxed him for large parts of their fight.
          Molina staggered him badly.
          He couldn't even drop total bum Duhaupas.

Really terrible stuff from a 230 pound Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by thereeldeel View Post
            Fury seems to look good at this weight and as he said it's all natural weight not gym muscles.
            Whenever Wilder has weighed close to 230 he looked bad against really poor opposition.

Artur Szpilka outboxed him for large parts of their fight.
            Molina staggered him badly.
            He couldn't even drop total bum Duhaupas.

Really terrible stuff from a 230 pound Wilder.
            He's a heavyweight, he's 6'7, its preposterous for him to be around 210.

Wilder is going to splatter Fury all over the canvas with his true HW body inside 3rds.
            Last edited by Spray_resistant; 02-22-2020, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
              He's a heavyweight, he's 6'7, its preposterous for him to be around 210.

Wilder is going to splatter Fury all over the canvas with his true HW body inside 3rds.
              His best performances were when he weighed around 220.
              210 is too light but 231 is too heavy as past performances have shown.

Comment

Originally posted by thereeldeel View Post
                His best performances were when he weighed around 220.
                210 is too light but 231 is too heavy as past performances have shown.
                It may help if Fury is going to try and pressure, lean on him, wear him out.

If Fury was going to box and try to get a points decision I'd expect he'd come in lighter to be fast and elusive.

He'll be a more stationary target and likely be ko'd I feel if he does what I think he'll do now.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  It may help if Fury is going to try and pressure, lean on him, wear him out.

If Fury was going to box and try to get a points decision I'd expect he'd come in lighter to be fast and elusive.

He'll be a more stationary target and likely be ko'd I feel if he does what I think he'll do now.
                  My guess is that Fury will still be bouncing around but throw and land more punches this time out, yes he's 273 but it looks like a solid healthy 273, not flab.
                  Wilder as always will be a ko threat but might be a bit slower due to the massive increase in muscle mass (18 pounds, virtually all in his upper body).
                  With that amount of muscle increase you would think his stamina will suffer as well.

My prediction-

50%Fury by points
                  40% Fury by stoppage
                  10% Wilder by ko

Comment

You are making too much of weight, guys.

Fury was over-trained at 256..... watch his reaction in the ITV documentary for the Wallin fight. Fury said he would be under 250 if he trained that morning.

273 is nothing...... hes fit..... no excuses.

Comment

Working...
                    X