No announcement yet.

Ezzars Charles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ezzars Charles

Even by just looking at his resume, one can see how great he is. But I don't have a lot of knowledge on why/how he was good.

Can someone please tell me how he fought, his strengths/weakness', how to beat him, why he was special and any other things that will help me better understand him as a fighter.

For the record Im not trying to troll him, I just want to learn more/anything about him.

I have also seen all his fights with Jersey Joe.

Go watch his fights with Marciano.

Comment

Correct name is EzzarD. :-)

Took Hagler's spot as my favorite fighter a couple of years ago. A supreme technician, albeit not flashy at all. Relaxed in the ring, not the type to waste movement, but still a mobile fighter. When today we see Toney, Hopkins, Mayweather do their thing, they took a lot from him (and Moore, Walcott etc..).

I don't think he has any major weaknesses. The main minor weakness would be his chin at HW, and supposedly (can't speak for myself) his lack of killer instinct after the Baroudi fight.

I would say his real weakness was being a fighter in that particular day and age, where he could not get a shot at any crown (he deserved it at 160 and of course at 175, where most rate him as the best ever) until he was past his prime. Mind, when you see the Walcott and Marciano fight, that's Charles past his peak!

Comment

Originally posted by wmute View Post
        Correct name is EzzarD. :-)

Took Hagler's spot as my favorite fighter a couple of years ago. A supreme technician, albeit not flashy at all. Relaxed in the ring, not the type to waste movement, but still a mobile fighter. When today we see Toney, Hopkins, Mayweather do their thing, they took a lot from him (and Moore, Walcott etc..).

I don't think he has any major weaknesses. The main minor weakness would be his chin at HW, and supposedly (can't speak for myself) his lack of killer instinct after the Baroudi fight.

I would say his real weakness was being a fighter in that particular day and age, where he could not get a shot at any crown (he deserved it at 160 and of course at 175, where most rate him as the best ever) until he was past his prime. Mind, when you see the Walcott and Marciano fight, that's Charles past his peak!
        Endorsed. Nothing I need to add

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          Endorsed. Nothing I need to add

Poet
          I always have a problem with Charles as I saw him live against Dick Richardson which does give me a bit of an irrational bias to knock him further down atg lists than I should.
          Just call it crotchety

Comment

Working...
          X