No announcement yet.

VIDEO - Check Out Cotto's Lateral Footwork

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIDEO - Check Out Cotto's Lateral Footwork

Looks like Cotto's new trainer has recognized that lateral footwork will be key in beating Margarito.

We'll see if it translates to his performance in the ring on Dec 3rd.

Good Move from cotto's trainer to hav him circle away and around from tony's dangerous uppercuts and inside hooks.

On a side note. Cotto looks G with all his new tatts, certainly gives the vibe of a dangerous man.

Comment

I don't think he needs to move that much, he will get tired. He can beat the cheat out of cheato without much movement with his handspeed and good defense.

Comment

looking great! his movement, footwork and balance are improving no end!

Comment

I dont see anything new..i see the same lateral movemenr in the first 6 rds from the first fight. Its not the same when you have someone hittting you back and constantly going forward thru your punches
          Originally posted by machotime View Post
          Looks like Cotto's new trainer has recognized that lateral footwork will be key in beating Margarito.

We'll see if it translates to his performance in the ring on Dec 3rd.

Comment

I have a better suggestion...check out Mayweather's footwork in "Dancing with the Stars"....just as informative.

Comment

That is what they want us to see.....I bet that the plan is completely diferent from this.

Yes, this is part of it but we are going to see Cotto holding his ground and on occasions bring the fight to Margarito. He will be ready to play a huge defensive roll, but he will be lots more agreesive, pushing, holding and attacking the body and more solid punches/combos.

Comment

they better have some good tread on those bicycle's tires the night of the fight.

Comment

Cotto has never been very light on his feet. I didn't like his inside fighting at 01:49. He gets hit by bodyshots up close and replies by pushing his trainer with his elbow and throwing a 4 punch combination = horrible tactic. He will expand too much energy and will run out of gas once again.

Comment

Working...
                  X