No announcement yet.

Nicky Cook on Cotto-Judah undercard?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nicky Cook on Cotto-Judah undercard?

According to boxrec, Nicky Cook is fighting Steven Luevano on the undercard of Cotto-Judah in New York.

Anyone hear about this? I wonder if it will be for the now vacant WBO featherweight title...

I found this on the ESPN site as well...

"However, one interesting fight being discussed for the undercard is British featherweight Nicky Cook (27-0, 15 KOs) against American Steven Luevano (32-1, 14 KOs). If Luevano promoter Top Rank can reach a deal with Cook promoter Frank Warren, they would meet either for an interim belt or a vacant one, depending on what happens when titlist Juan Manuel Marquez moves up in weight to fight Marco Antonio Barrera March 17. If Luevano-Cook isn't on April 7 on Showtime, Top Rank will consider trying to put it on the June 9 Miguel Cotto-Zab Judah HBO PPV undercard."

Ive heard of Luevano,how good is Nicky Cook?

Comment

Originally posted by Mech. View Post
      Ive heard of Luevano,how good is Nicky Cook?
      He is definately better than European level. Probably world class, but it's difficult to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by !!! Beowulf !!! View Post
        He is definately better than European level. Probably world class, but it's difficult to tell.
        Whats nicky cooks style? Steven Luevano is the counterpuncher type.I thought he could have been world class,but hes fallen short.

Comment

Wasn't he WBC number 1 at one point?

Comment

Nicky Cook can fight, but he's stagnating waiting for a shot. He waited for WBC shot as number one contender hwile injuries healed and then was jilted by a pissed up Scott Harrison on the cusp of his WBO shot.

I hope he's relaunched into elite class in the US, he has ability, pwoer and natural size on his side.

He's short of the top, top level guys though.

Him versus Chi would be a cracker and about his ultimate level.

Comment

Ive never really rated Nicky Cook that highly, he is a good honest lad but i would sy his level would be on the fringe of world class. If he wins this fight cant see him beating any of the top dogs at featherweight but good luck to him.

Comment

i see this fight has come off boxrec now so

also cookies april opponent on the calzaghe undercard is still unannounced so it probably won't be anyone good...he really does need to a proper competitive fight soon. i hope warren doesn't try to fob him off with a wbu title or some ****....although that would mean we'd get to see derry matthews get his ass kicked.

Comment

Originally posted by Mech. View Post
                  Whats nicky cooks style? Steven Luevano is the counterpuncher type.I thought he could have been world class,but hes fallen short.
                  Luevano's gotta be one of the best counterpunchers. He's kinda like a Casamayor with a little less brawling tendencies.

Comment

Originally posted by rooq View Post
                    i see this fight has come off boxrec now so

also cookies april opponent on the calzaghe undercard is still unannounced so it probably won't be anyone good...he really does need to a proper competitive fight soon. i hope warren doesn't try to fob him off with a wbu title or some ****....although that would mean we'd get to see derry matthews get his ass kicked.
                    Aye, Nicky cook wouldn't let Matthews get away with that **** he was pulling in the Simpson fight and can see cook making a real mess of him.

Comment

Working...
                    X