No announcement yet.

What is wrong with OST?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong with OST?

Over the years, even today at work, i have heard people say Mayweather shouldn't have asked for OST, hence, the fight would have happen already. How certain can you be when the pending answer was a yes or no that turns into multiple choices style answers, and to some extent an essay answer on spirituality and phobia then to corruption?

This demand was during a negotiation and this is where fighters can exercise the right to protect themselves in the ring, or even to gain advantage as many of fighters done so in the past (ring size, gloves, penalties, weight stipulation, etc).

If fighters can negotiate to gain advantage, what's wrong with a fighter negotiating to seemingly have a fair fight?

What is really so wrong about OST? Maybe, i am missing something...please enlighten me.

OST can possibly expose a cheater.

So the Pacqueers oppose it.

Comment

I saw Cowboys and Aliens last night..... Why didn't Olivia Wilde get naked? damn shame

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
        Over the years, even today at work, i have heard people say Mayweather shouldn't have asked for OST, hence, the fight would have happen already. How certain can you be when the pending answer was a yes or no that turns into multiple choices style answers, and to some extent an essay answer on spirituality and phobia then to corruption?

This demand was during a negotiation and this is where fighters can exercise the right to protect themselves in the ring, or even to gain advantage as many of fighters done so in the past (ring size, gloves, penalties, weight stipulation, etc).

If fighters can negotiate to gain advantage, what's wrong with a fighter negotiating to seemingly have a fair fight?

What is really so wrong about OST? Maybe, i am missing something...please enlighten me.
        Nothing is wrong with OST but taking the blood the day of the fight when there is another right after the fight is counterproductive and may dangerous for both fighter. Floyd wanted Pac to be tested the day of the fight. You may wonder why they stopped taking his blood 19 days before the fight against Mosley but dying to see Pac taking his blood on the day of their fight?
        Last edited by straightleft; 08-13-2011, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
          Nothing is wrong with OST but taking the blood the day of the fight when there is another right after the fight is counterproductive and may dangerous for both fighter. Floyd wanted Pac to be tested the day of the fight. You may wonder why they stopped taking his blood 19 days before the fight against Mosley but dying to see Pac taking his blood on the day of their fight?
          Agree with this if were true, no doubt the possibility is there to be tested the day of the fight, but i think USADA has their protocol against that and would desist from the testing both fighters as was the case with Mosley and Floyd if there's no alarm for further testing. This doesn't sound like a trap, but more of a deterrent to prevent the fighters from even attempting cheating.

Comment

P*SSYS, run OST's

Comment

Nothing inherently wrong with OST's, IMO.
              If you've a phobia about blood loss, get over it (and apparently,
              Pac has, given all of his recent pronouncements)

There are some "issues" though. I think OST's should be standard
              for the entire sport, and that means extra expense on the part of
              all boxers --and the vast majority of them are not going to be able
              to afford it like Pac, Floyd and other superstars can.

It is year-round testing, after all, and whether you have a fight or
              not, whether you make money or not, you have to pay for your
              tests. As a solution...

I think that all pro fight purses above 500k have to be levied a fee
              (%) to cover testing for ALL registered pro boxers. Testing could
              even be scaled --more rigorous in the lead-up to actual fights, and
              less-so otherwise. Additional fees are still a bitch, and they will be
              pretty substantial... so it will be tough to sell to promoters and to
              boxers merely on the cusp of making some money.

Since not all boxers reside in the US (duh), then WADA is going to
              have to designate assigns/deputies in countries where it doesn't
              have a presence, on equal footing with its other assigns/deputies
              ANYWHERE else in the world.

h.

Comment

Originally posted by horge View Post
                Nothing inherently wrong with OST's, IMO.
                If you've a phobia about blood loss, get over it (and apparently,
                Pac has, given all of his recent pronouncements)

There are some "issues" though. I think OST's should be standard
                for the entire sport, and that means extra expense on the part of
                all boxers --and the vast majority of them are not going to be able
                to afford it like Pac, Floyd and other superstars can.

It is year-round testing, after all, and whether you have a fight or
                not, whether you make money or not, you have to pay for your
                tests. As a solution...

I think that all pro fight purses above 500k have to be levied a fee
                (%) to cover testing for ALL registered pro boxers. Testing could
                even be scaled --more rigorous in the lead-up to actual fights, and
                less-so otherwise. Additional fees are still a bitch, and they will be
                pretty substantial... so it will be tough to sell to promoters and to
                boxers merely on the cusp of making some money.

Since not all boxers reside in the US (duh), then WADA is going to
                have to designate assigns/deputies in countries where it doesn't
                have a presence, on equal footing with its other assigns/deputies
                ANYWHERE else in the world.

h.
                I do get your point that it's expensive, but considering a fight of this magnitude the benefit outweighs the cost. Again, there seem to be a misconception where Olympic style testing vs Olympic testing is concern. The comparison in two is that the testing proposed by Mayweather is a modified version of the Olympic testing to fit a professional boxer's regimen, hence, no need for a year-round Olympic testing; it is merely the "style" of testing that is required-which is random and involves blood as well as urine samples.

Comment

Working...
                X