No announcement yet.

Will Ring Magazine crown the winner of Wilder-Fury 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Ring Magazine crown the winner of Wilder-Fury 2

Will the Ring Magazine crown the winner of the Wilder-Fury rematch as champion? And is the winner of that fight the true heavyweight champion?

The Ring Magazine (and now the transnational boxing rankings board as well) has always been the title I respected the most. I knew that guy beat the other top guy. That’s the guy who I believe to be the champion of the division.

But Ruiz has three of the four belts and has to be in that top two conversation now.

Well it depends what they do with the rankings over the next few days.

Presumably Joshua drops and both bodies will finally have a champion if Fury and Wilder fight to a conclusion.

Comment

You answered it yourself. Winner would have to beat Ruiz, or the winner of the Joshua/Ruiz rematch in order to be recognized as the lineal champ.

Comment

The Ruiz vs Joshua rematch is going to happen before the Fury vs Wilder rematch so it remains to be seen how the rankings shake out from here & with the Ruiz vs Joshua II fight. Personally I got Wilder & Fury in the top 2 now doe, but by Feb. or whenever they fight that may not be true still & The Ring might even disagree that Wilder & Fury are the top 2 to begin with now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
          Will the Ring Magazine crown the winner of the Wilder-Fury rematch as champion? And is the winner of that fight the true heavyweight champion?

The Ring Magazine (and now the transnational boxing rankings board as well) has always been the title I respected the most. I knew that guy beat the other top guy. That’s the guy who I believe to be the champion of the division.

But Ruiz has three of the four belts and has to be in that top two conversation now.
          Hell no. Ruiz has most of the belts now. Nobody has any right to call themselves the true champion until they beat Ruiz. If Wilder beats Ruiz then he is the true champion and if Ruiz beats Wilder then he is the true champion. Fury has no title so nobody has to beat him to be the true champion. That lineal BS does not apply because he lost the lineal title by being out of action for years. The lineal title must be defended just like any other title. It doesn't just last forever. The draw with Wilder may have been a bad call but Wilder remains the champ and Fury remains a boxer with no world title.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post

Fury and Wilder are the clear #1 and #2, respectively. Regardless of belts and baubles, the winner of that fight is the man at HW.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Hell no. Ruiz has most of the belts now. Nobody has any right to call themselves the true champion until they beat Ruiz. If Wilder beats Ruiz then he is the true champion and if Ruiz beats Wilder then he is the true champion. Fury has no title so nobody has to beat him to be the true champion. That lineal BS does not apply because he lost the lineal title by being out of action for years. The lineal title must be defended just like any other title. It doesn't just last forever. The draw with Wilder may have been a bad call but Wilder remains the champ and Fury remains a boxer with no world title.
              I don’t think most belts always means anything.

Ryan Burnett had most belts in his division until he vacated one and lost the other. When he was the fighter with the most belts, was he really the best in that division? No way.

Ruiz had a great win and you could argue he’s no.2. He has a better win than Wilder.

Fury is the man to beat regardless of belts. He has wins over Wlad and Wilder (unofficially). Not to mention all those belts Ruiz holds are ones Fury never lost in the ring.

Comment

Working...
              X