No announcement yet.

Did Ingemar Johansson have one of the hardest punches ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Ingemar Johansson have one of the hardest punches ever

Henry cooper said he didn't even feel it he just woke up about 30 seconds later. How does Ingos Bingo compare to any of the other hard punchers.

His right hand was really all he had, but power-wise I believe it's up there with history's best HW punches . . .

Comment

I think in his prime it measured 500 kg and Ali's was about 350 kg at his prime.

Comment

Johannson's right hand is one of the bigger punches in heavyweight history.
        He had no left hand to speak of, however.

The biggest hitters in heavy history had two-fisted power (Louis,Marciano,Shavers,Dempsey,Foreman,Liston,Tys on)

Comment

Ingos bingo was great, if it wasen't for the London fight he would have been ranked higher. Sorry that he's got ahlzimers today. He seems to be a great guy. Sorry if this is off topic.

Comment

Ask Floyd Patterson, who was yo-yoed in the first fight. His straight right hand was an amazing punch. Didn't have anything else, I mean anything.

Comment

He had pretty good defense.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma
                He had pretty good defense.
                But his chin was shaky, and I heard upon Liston's entrance into the ring for the third Patterson fight, so were his knees.

Comment

Originally posted by asian_sensation
                  But his chin was shaky, and I heard upon Liston's entrance into the ring for the third Patterson fight, so were his knees.
                  I agree but i still have to say he was great because
                  if from Sweden and Ingemar is probably the only HW champ we'll ever have.

Comment

Originally posted by Ivansmamma
                    I agree but i still have to say he was great because
                    if from Sweden and Ingemar is probably the only HW champ we'll ever have.
                    Oh, that's all it takes to make a fighter great....to actually BE FROM SOMEWHERE ?

Comment

Working...
                    X