Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Notice fighters getting brave now that Golovkin is 35 and showing slippage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice fighters getting brave now that Golovkin is 35 and showing slippage?

I, of course, expect to be shot down on here because in BoxingScene land, we like to pretend that a whole bunch of fighters never ducked Golovkin but he ducked Ward.

But...just indulge me for a second.

Saunders - is on video admitting he was waiting for Golovkin to get old (it's the one where he calls GGG a p*ssy). He doesn't even try to lie about it.

In 2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - BJS he starts calling him out.

Canelo - drops his WBC belt to avoid the fight.

In 2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - Canelo finally seems ready to actually make the fight.

Cotto - wouldn't go anywhere near Golovkin, famously "ahhhhhh"ing when asked about fighting Golovkin, only then to correct himself and say "why not" when realising how bad it looked.

2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - Rumours start about Cotto being open to the fight.

Jacobs - asked for 18 months and life-changing money to make a Golovkin fight, until finally mandated to. Gets his money and takes the fight because he basically cannot not take the fight, he would be ruined.

2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - Danny is all over a re-match

Charlo - still boiling down to 154 and Golovkin isn't even on his radar.

2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - Charlo is going to knock Golokin the fock out

Yeah and I've also noticed Loeffler and Sanchez getting less brave

Comment

Originally posted by Porter's Dad View Post
      Charlo - still boiling down to 154 and Golovkin isn't even on his radar.

2017 - Golovkin hits 35 and comes off 2 fights not at his best - Charlo is going to knock Golokin the fock out
      I mostly agree with the main point but don't start making shyt up^. Charlo announced he was going up to 160 after his last fight, long before Golovkin faced Jacobs and before anyone started talking about ch*nks in the armor.

Comment

theyre just mouthing off, most of them dont have any real interest in a fight.

Comment

It's a well-known, yet rarely admitted fact that many fighters have avoided Golovkin, because he seemed invincible. They think he's ripe to be beaten after the Jacobs fight. Let them come now, if they dare.

Comment

Even GGG knows hes slipping. Hes just gonna wait and cash out against bumnelo

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              I mostly agree with the main point but don't start making shyt up^. Charlo announced he was going up to 160 after his last fight, long before Golovkin faced Jacobs and before anyone started talking about ch*nks in the armor.
              Huh? I never said he decided to move up to 160 once he saw GGG slippage. I said he started talking **** now. Saying that though, Charlo is the least worst example of a fighter getting brave now Golovkin is slipping.

Comment

So now you are complaining that people want to fight him?? but yall wanted a 38 year old Floyd to MOVE UP AND FIGHT GGG??

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                  Yeah and I've also noticed Loeffler and Sanchez getting less brave
                  They know it. Golovkin is still a formidable fighter but it's clear he has peaked.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                    So now you are complaining that people want to fight him?? but yall wanted a 38 year old Floyd to MOVE UP AND FIGHT GGG??
                    You misunderstood the point of this thread and started talking about Floyd Mayweather for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                    X