Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IBF rehydration rule explained for dummies for the... 150th time.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBF rehydration rule explained for dummies for the... 150th time.

The IBF has a second weigh in, the day of the fight, yes.

BUT, it's in the early morning. It means that the fighter cannot weight more than 10 pounds than the contracted weight at that moment. Then, for the rest of the day, they can keep rehydrating.

Examples? Lemieux rehydrated to 175 on fight night vs Golovkin, after doing the weigh in at 170 in the morning.

Example of how can it affect a fighter weight and/or performance on fight night weight? well it's rumoured that Lemieux was 178 against Stevens, when he didn't have to follow that rule.

The worst part for me would be to be forced to wake up early to make the weigh in... why don't they allow fighters to sleep until they want...

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    The IBF has a second weigh in, the day of the fight, yes.

BUT, it's in the early morning. It means that the fighter cannot weight more than 10 pounds than the contracted weight at that moment. Then, for the rest of the day, they can keep rehydrating.

Examples? Lemieux rehydrated to 175 on fight night vs Golovkin, after doing the weigh in at 170 in the morning.

Example of how can it affect a fighter weight and/or performance on fight night weight? well it's rumoured that Lemieux was 178 against Stevens, when he didn't have to follow that rule.

The worst part for me would be to be forced to wake up early to make the weigh in... why don't they allow fighters to sleep until they want...
    So Jacobs can’t weigh 190 this time

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      So Jacobs can’t weigh 190 this time
      It's stupid to believe Jacobs was 190... He was between 175 and 180.

Comment

Why do they allow dehydration in the first place?
        If they prohibit dehydrated fighters at weigh in, we wont have to bother about weight gain post-weigh in.

Comment

Didn't they get rid of the 2nd day weigh in for unifications?

Comment

Danny was already 176 at 8am on the day of the fight.

I'm thinking he weighed around 182-184 in the ring.

The weight gamesmanship was a major part of Jacobs' whole plan.

https://www.******.com/489972-victor...-fight-weight/
            Mexican_Puppet Mexican_Puppet likes this.

Comment

180 to fight 160 seems to me he’s a weight bully that belongs at 168

Comment

this is such a weak explanation lol you put it in your sig as if it were a be all end all guide to the rehydration clause

Comment

He was way up there! WAY WAY UP THERE! That's why Oscar had the weigh in with a morning weigh in!!

For his Golden boy! He brought Danny the cheat by having him weigh fairly!

Comment

I don't see Dany fighting any one at 175...His natural weight* Or super Middle either.

Never liked a cheater!

Comment

Working...
                    X