Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haye coming back is a good thing for the division!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haye coming back is a good thing for the division!

Because at least Haye can sell a fight.

I mean people have to remember, the Klitschkos were not always universally loved and respected, actually when Haye first went up to heavyweight I remember back in 2008-2009 the Klitschkos being pretty despised on here. It was like 90% were wanting Haye to actually beat Wlad.

Things were not helped back then for the klitschkos popularity, because I don't know if you remember that string of Dreadful Americans they fought who all went over to Germany, promised a KO victory, gorged themselves on the hotel buffet and then fell over as soon as they were hit with anything half-flush.

Well anyway those guys didn't help, because they were boring personalities, and atrocious in the ring.

With Haye you are usually going to get an entertainign fight, although he let everyone down against Wlad, but he's much more of an asset to the division than most of the "contenders" out there.

At least he finds a way to make himself relevant.

I agree there is a potential of what you are claiming. Apart from Chisora fight Haye didn't bring too much excitement into HW (by boxing). I certainly would wish Haye is now 100% dedicated, active boxer..

It remains to be seen. His first opponent will show something...

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
      I agree there is a potential of what you are claiming. Apart from Chisora fight Haye didn't bring too much excitement into HW (by boxing). I certainly would wish Haye is now 100% dedicated, active boxer..

It remains to be seen. His first opponent will show something...
      I thought Monte Barrett and John Ruiz fights were entertaining scraps, and chisora like you say.

Boring fights were Audley, Wlad and Valuev

Seems like Haye is exciting when he fights guys that are a bit bigger than him, but the giants he fights cautiously.

Comment

I don't really count Barrett or Ruiz for much - they were quite past it.
        Chisora was very good.

I would like to see Haye-Pulev. They are about the same size and Pulev is still pretty much in his prime. Better than Chisora no doubt.

Comment

low volume punchers are always exciting!
          Especially when they fight guys like Monte, Audley and the likes.

Seriously though, Haye is kind of good for the division but only if he actually fight against top level opponents. If he's going to cherrypick he can just stay retired.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
            low volume punchers are always exciting!
            Especially when they fight guys like Monte, Audley and the likes.

Seriously though, Haye is kind of good for the division but only if he actually fight against top level opponents. If he's going to cherrypick he can just stay retired.
            Never really understood this cherrypick thing. The guy was negotiating with the Klitschkos ever since he moved up to Heavy permanently. His fights now really don't have much meaning, he's aiming for the very top. It's not as if he gained a belt, and did everything he could to keep hold of it whilst claiming he's the best. He can fight whoever he likes, the only fights that really matter to his legacy are the Klitschkos.

Comment

I think he's similar to Pacquiao, in that he's actually bad for boxing. He's basically built off hype and promotion. He had a good career at CW, I'll give him that, but his relevance at HW is basically because he tied his name to a Klitschko, similar to how Pacquiao and TR tied their name to Floyd and played everyone for a fool for 4 years until Pacquiao got iced.

In fact Haye is exactly like Pacquiao. His HW career consists of beating up old, highly limited fighters coming off bad performances.

Monte Barrett- journeyman, KOed by Wlad 8 years prior, old.
              Nikolai Valuev- biggest joke in HW history, got a ridiculous gift decision over Holyfield.
              John Ruiz- old
              Audley Harrison- lol
              Wladimir- only legit opponent and he lost.
              Chisora- Mayorga or the HW division, talks and then loses fights.

Combine Haye's mouth, with his knockouts against less than spectacular competition, and Wlad's 'glass chin', he basically conned everyone and the results showed in the Wladimir fight. Where he ran away trying to land only one punch the entire fight.

The Klitschko's had to build their name, similar to Mayweather. Their success in the ring has shown.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
                I think he's similar to Pacquiao, in that he's actually bad for boxing. He's basically built off hype and promotion. He had a good career at CW, I'll give him that, but his relevance at HW is basically because he tied his name to a Klitschko, similar to how Pacquiao and TR tied their name to Floyd and played everyone for a fool for 4 years until Pacquiao got iced.

In fact Haye is exactly like Pacquiao. His HW career consists of beating up old, highly limited fighters coming off bad performances.

Monte Barrett- journeyman, KOed by Wlad 8 years prior, old.
                Nikolai Valuev- biggest joke in HW history, got a ridiculous gift decision over Holyfield.
                John Ruiz- old
                Audley Harrison- lol
                Wladimir- only legit opponent and he lost.
                Chisora- Mayorga or the HW division, talks and then loses fights.

Combine Haye's mouth, with his knockouts against less than spectacular competition, and Wlad's 'glass chin', he basically conned everyone and the results showed in the Wladimir fight. Where he ran away trying to land only one punch the entire fight.

The Klitschko's had to build their name, similar to Mayweather. Their success in the ring has shown.
                Anyone can twist and nitpick a career. Takes a dedicated bad post to somehow convert a David Haye thread into a petty Pacquiao/Mayweather argument. Should be ashamed...

Comment

haye is the best in hw division. apart from the klitschkos.

Comment

Sorry but the similarities are glaring. Even their fight styles, both guys are ambush fighters.

Comment

Working...
                    X