Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rios is Lucky that wasn't Gamboa in there 2night.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rios is Lucky that wasn't Gamboa in there 2night.

Gamboa would have seriously fcked this dude up badly. Rios was EXPOSED tonight. Gamboa will have picked him apart with his foot movement and rythm while landing combinations at will, he would have Rios resetting all night long trying to hit the moving target and taking a huge amount of punishment in the process. Gamboa will have stop Rios in the late rds.

Gamboa doesn't fight like Abril

/Thread

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      Gamboa doesn't fight like Abril

/Thread
      exactly he is a way better fighter than abril, he would have really punished the dude

Comment

rios should fight perro angulo next that would be a war!!

Comment

He didn't even make weight.

After all his complaining about Gamboa, he couldn't do the easiest part of his job descirption to make a fight happen. That fight would probably have been called off at the weigh in.

I said at the time that fight was 'announced' that Gamboa would wipe the floor with him, I still believe that to be the case.

Comment

Pretty sure it had to do with Abril's style.. I knew rios would have problems but I think Abril beat him and made him look bad..Rios exposed? doubt it, he is a flawed fighter that fights coming forward with limited footwork and defense, but he's been fighting that way a long time..it did seem Rios was ready for an upset and he needs to stop fighting a 135 if he cant make it anymore!

Comment

I think Rios is game and rugged with good stamina and punching power. He is not fast or a good boxer and he is very easy to hit. I think Gamboa destoys him at any weight.

Comment

I dunno.

Abril's height and reach were what really gave him an edge, imo, along with his awkward style. Gamboa would be a lot smaller and wouldn't have had those advantages, and his defence in close probably wouldn't have been so effective at nullifying Rios...

Comment

Gamboa would tee of on Rios. Rios carreer would have taken a big hit. He's lucky Gamboa didn't fight him because he seriously would have been embarrassed.

Comment

Why? Would Gamboa have left the ring right before the start of the fight, claiming he had never agreed to the fight, leaving Rios feeling bad that he had gone through the trouble of training?

Comment

Working...
                    X