No announcement yet.

GSP & Marquardt Wrestling (Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSP & Marquardt Wrestling (Video)

It's amazing to think about how great GSP's wrestling is concidering he never wrestled amature. Most people spend there whole lives on the mat and don't become as good as GSP. Any word on if he's going for the olympics?

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      It's amazing to think about how great GSP's wrestling is concidering he never wrestled amature. Most people spend there whole lives on the mat and don't become as good as GSP. Any word on if he's going for the olympics?
      It really is amazing. His learning curve is incredibly quick and his athleticism makes it all the easier for him.

The talk of the Olympics was just something that was on his mind, he never said it was definite.

Comment

Originally posted by GroundSt.Pound View Post
        It really is amazing. His learning curve is incredibly quick and his athleticism makes it all the easier for him.

The talk of the Olympics was just something that was on his mind, he never said it was definite.
        When did he start learning how to wrestle? I've seen kids who have been wrestling in high school for 3 years and still don't look as good as he does on the mat

Comment

Originally posted by Takamura!!! View Post
          When did he start learning how to wrestle? I've seen kids who have been wrestling in high school for 3 years and still don't look as good as he does on the mat
          After his karate teacher died. Not sure exactly when that was but I'm sure it was around the time of his pro debut which was in 2002.

So probably 8 years roughly. Which is ridiculous given how easily he's outclassed NCAA All Americans like Hughes and Koscheck who have probably been wrestling close to triple that amount of time.

Comment

Working...
          X