No announcement yet.

Question for the boxing history section

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for the boxing history section

How many of you have actually sat down and watched more than 1 or 2 fights of these fighters you guys argue about in this section? Im sure there are some real historians in here who know their **** but im also pretty sure there are a bunch of morons who talk about fighters they have either never seen before or have watched 5 minute highlight videos of.

To the regulars here who are good posters in this section and who just talks out their ass?

jesus only talks about what he knows about

jesus knows his history but if he isnt sure about something he says that he isnt dure or he just doesnt post

-jesus #1macdaddy

Comment

????????????????????

Comment

Any particular fighters you have in mind? Most of the regulars in this section have seen practically every fight of Muhammed Ali for example. Several times in fact. Same with guys like Ray Leonard. It's not as if there isn't extensive footage of past greats. Someone further back like, say, Joe Louis there's plenty of footage and I'm pretty sure most of the regs in here have seen a good bit of it. Have YOU?

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          Any particular fighters you have in mind? Most of the regulars in this section have seen practically every fight of Muhammed Ali for example. Several times in fact. Same with guys like Ray Leonard. It's not as if there isn't extensive footage of past greats. Someone further back like, say, Joe Louis there's plenty of footage and I'm pretty sure most of the regs in here have seen a good bit of it. Have YOU?

Poet
          No not really just curious because in nsb i notice a lot of people who comment on fights or fighters they know little to nothing about.

No i havent im not much of a boxing historian.

Comment

I'm not one of the well versed, well known kinda posters in thee history section. But where I was raised and the way I was raised is that I make it a habit to know what i'm talking about. The rough poor area I grew up, If you didn't know what you were talking about you would sit the **** down and shut the **** up.

I'm top 30 ATG at best for the history section lol

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
              I'm not one of the well versed, well known kinda posters in thee history section. But where I was raised and the way I was raised is that I make it a habit to know what i'm talking about. The rough poor area I grew up, If you didn't know what you were talking about you would sit the **** down and shut the **** up.

I'm top 30 ATG at best for the history section lol
              Don't sell yourself short! You may not post as often as many of us but when you do they're pretty well thought out and it's pretty clear you generally know that of which you speak :cool9:

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
                No not really just curious because in nsb i notice a lot of people who comment on fights or fighters they know little to nothing about.

No i havent im not much of a boxing historian.
                That's fair enough! I personally have around 2,000 full or partial fights in my own video collection but I can honestly say someone like TheGreatA has seen a lot more than I have. I've seen a TON of fights in my day but that man makes me look like a piker. Doesn't post enough around here that's for sure.

Poet

Comment

There are instances where guys talk out there ass in this section, but for the most part the regulars have a good grasp of what they're talking about. Im sure that like myself several just don't post in threads where they're out of their depth and would rather read and learn than make baseless comments. Whenever the topic goes below featherweight I know Im out of my league but for certain fighters. NSB is a cesspool though, full of posters who are absolutely clueless. There are some great posters there, but they're a huge minority.

Comment

Well i thought i knew my **** until i started posting in here more often - some of these lads are unreal!

I do make a point to try to watch as much older fights and fighters as possible while keeping up with current boxing. I think i do ok, there are only so many hours in the day tho and we have lives to live

I dont know if anyone blags it here, i dont think so tho. If i dont know something i'l just keep my trap shut and try to learn from the others

Comment

Working...
                    X