Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is mercito gesta avoided by competition around him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is mercito gesta avoided by competition around him?

http://philboxing.com/news/story-68617.html

He was initially told that he'll fight last March 23 but was later moved to Saturday as an under card of what then was Rios vs. Yuriorkis Gamboa. Two names that Gesta's camp were interested in fighting even before that match was made. " Si Rios, yung kampo nila ayaw nila eh. Ewan kung bakit ayaw nila." ( Rios' camp does not want it. I don't know why they don't want the fight.) Gesta's manager Vince Parra told this writer back in December that they have accepted to fight Rios in the under card of the Miguel Cotto - Antonio Margarito bout in New York but Rios' team picked John Murray instead. Gesta's team also stated that they also challenged Yuriorkis Gamboa in the past but his camp refused as well.

Gesta stated that Rios and Gamboa were not the only one who refused to face him in the ring. It took them awhile to land them an opponent for this Saturday as other fighters were reluctant to sign to fight him. He mentioned the names of Jose Alfaro, Luis Arceo, American Ty Barnett and a certain Silva from Brazil. " Talagang ito na lang si Cuerro ang nag -accept." ( It was only Cuerro who accepted.) Gesta admitted that he was a little disappointed in not fighting a named opponent or one with a good record. " Medyo, dahil yung mga fans, gusto nila makita na medyo me pangalan yung kalaban ko atsaka mas magandang record pero wala akong magawa kundi I-accept yung fight. Siya lang ang nag - sign ng contract na lumaban kaya kesa hindi ako lumaban. ( I am a little bit disappointed because the fans wanted to see me fight a named opponent and /or one with a good record but Cuero was the only one who signed the contract and that's better than me not fighting.) said Gesta. I asked him what he thinks the reason is why these fighters avoid him. Gesta offers no clue. " Ewan ko. Baka nagkamali sila ng career nila, hindi boxing. ( I don't know. Maybe they chose the wrong career, it should not be boxing.) he jokingly replied.

I'm sure no one is avoiding Gesta, he hasnt shown the skills of a world beater....Rios has bigger fish to fry and Gamboa has issues at the moment.

Comment

Gesta better learn to patch up his gameholes right now, or he'll taste the canvass sooner than expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Every1GetsHurt
        I'm sure top contenders like Lundy, monlina jr, and Katisidis would love to Fucc up this overhyped can crusher if it meant they would take his spot on Top Rank PPV's
        Co-sign.

Lol@ nobody wants to fight Gesta... Riiiiiiight.

Comment

Let me guess, it is because he is Filipino? Just like the Hero of Asia Manny Pacquiao?
          Last edited by ShoulderRoll; 04-11-2012, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Gesta is a hot prospect but not a big name yet. Why would anyone want to fight him when it's a high risk but low reward fight.

Comment

I asked him what he thinks the reason is why these fighters avoid him. Gesta offers no clue.
              Last edited by backerman7; 04-11-2012, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Blame that to his manager/promoter.. and also considering the risk/reward ratio and money on the table involved, who would want to fight Gesta..

By the way, my avatar pic (the guy who's throwing a '45) is Gesta when 17.
                Last edited by tanibanana; 04-11-2012, 04:03 AM. Reason: money not maney

Comment

Gesta is a nobody and has not accomplished anything. Let him beat Katsidis or Lundy or Molina if he wants a shot at an elite fighter. He better learn how to move his head before he steps up to that level though.

Comment

guys box for money

i'd be shocked if any of the networks would approve him as an opponent

you want fights?
                    establish yourself as a fight that cannnot be avoided

it's WAY too easy when you bring nothing to the table and only the hardest of the hardcore know who the hell you are

Comment

Working...
                    X