No announcement yet.

***The Last Kiss*** In depth review by yours truly**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] ***The Last Kiss*** In depth review by yours truly**

- Pain and Torture - Jada comes out strong with hard lyrics on a hard beat, from the 1st verse on he lets everyone in the rap game know he is the lyrical beast and that its his time. He spits on his own chorus and this is a very strong opening to the album 4/5

- Cant Stop Me - One of my favorite tracks, jadas flow is flawless on this beat... Real good feel to this song, cant stop me in the background throughout the whole joint, and jada has three very strong verses... His third verse is absolutely flawless. "Ringtone rap this is not the season" 5/5

-Whos Real ft. Swizz Beats and Oj da Juiceman- Unfortunatly this song has absolutely no business being on the album, swizz beats has fallen off. Unfortunatly this song is gonna stay getting skipped. 1/5

-Grind Hard Ft. Mary J Blige- Mary J Blige with an AMAZING chorus, when i first heard this i got chills all down my back. The beat switches up and jada just goes in, amazing wordplay, amazing vocals, great beat, simply amazing song. Tracks like this seperate the good from the great artists 5/5

-Something Else ft Young Jeezy- This track opens up, and the beat sounds more like something you would hear jeezy on, real hard with bells and drums in the background.. jadakiss opens up with a real hard chorus and even harder verses. Jeezy deffinantly does his thing on this track and makes a good feature, but the lyrical ability of jada just blows jeezy out of the water, hes somethin else... haha 4.5/5

-One More Step ft. Styles P- New yorks finest, i couldnt wait to hear this track and it doesnt dissapoint. They go back in forth throughout the whole track, though at some points the beat doesnt seem to really work between the two. I had to listen to this song a few times to really have an opinion on it and the verdict is that the creativity between jada and styles is pretty unbelieveable, to me they started off slow and finished very strong on this joint... 3.5/5

-Stress Ya- Nice track for the ladies, throw this on during an L ride with your girl i guarantee your gettin it in after.. hahaa real talk. this joint is nice... Pharrell with a dope chorus, solidddd wordplay, great feel on a good beat... 4/5

-What If Ft. Nas- Standout track but two of the best to ever get on the mic... Alot of people are calling this the Why pt 2, Jada once again comes out and shows why he has seperated himself as a new york legend... Nas could not have been a better feature, and this could not be a better song. CLASSIC 5/5

-Things Ive Been through- Jada spitting on his past, reliving moments, makes you feel like your right there with him on stage with badboy, riding with the ruff ryders, etc... Chorus goes real well with this track, and it really gets you looking back at hip hop during the time period... You really see the game through jada's eyes... 4/5

-I tried Ft. Avery Storm- Avery storm with some real above average vocals that go real well with the beat, jadas bars are top notch from start to finish, this track gets a 4.5 because of the 2nd verse which is just wild... 4.5/5

-Rocking with the Best ft Pharell- Another song for the females, real similar sound to stress ya but jada and pharrell both equally deliver and make this a veryyy good track. Top notch production gets this song a 4 and 4.5 if your with your female ahha 4.5/5 because of production.

-Smoking Gun ft Jazmine Sullivan- Jazmine sullivan on the vocals, jada spits on some real subjects, deffinantly didnt see this type of track coming but it delivers and if you can relate and understand the message of what hes talking about then this track is a 4.5/5

-Cartel Gathering ft Ghost and Rae- Ghost Raekwon and jadakiss on an album joint?????? Hip hop heads already know what there getting with this, nothing but amazing lyrics... Ghost really stands out on this track, this is for hip hop heads and all three deliver... You got to appreciate this kind of collaboration, classic
    5/5

-Come and Get me ft. Si and Sheek- Beat gets off, this is real gritty, sheek opens up sheek louch style with some gutter lyrics. This song is for the streets, not sure who SI is but he delivers a decent chorus and jada just goes innnnnnn. If youve been bumpin d block for a minute then this song absolutely delivers, but to the casual rap fan this track might not appeal to you. 4/5 because jada murders it...

-By My side Ft Neyo- I always liked this track even though it dropped back in late november. You all might disagree with me on this one but jada did his thing and the song was getting some airplay for a minute which was the whole point of doing this feature.... 4/5

-Death Wish Ft. Lil wayne- Song has been out for a minute, another street joint.. Deffinantly for the hip hop heads. This is about as grimy as a song can get, crazy beat and insane lyrics. Waynes feature unexpectedly was very good, he may have outshined jadakiss on this one. If you look at this track as a street joint then it deserves a 4.5/5 but as far as going with the rest of the album, i give it a 4/5

-Letter to Big ft Faith Evans- You cant hate on this track by any means, jada does his thing, lyrically it was nothing we havent heard but it delivered because of the substance involved. Faith evans on the vocals was a real good look.

Wow what an album, there are some tracks on here that I am going to be listening to for a very very long time. With hip hop in the state its in, for jada to come out with tracks like "What if" and "Grind Hard", he clearly established himself as a true hip hop heavyweight, the whole album delivers and will be remembered years from now. Jadakiss's lyrical ability was found on every single track, and he could not have done a better job with the features on the album.
    Classic LP Thanks jada ill be first in line on april 7th.

Listened to it for the first time at the gym today and I will definitely be suporting Jada by purchasing this. So far my favorites are Grind Hard and Pain & Torture.

Comment

Originally posted by NeXt In Line View Post
      Listened to it for the first time at the gym today and I will definitely be suporting Jada by purchasing this. So far my favorites are Grind Hard and Pain & Torture.
      Grind hard and what if are my two favorite tracks on the album... If you got mary J blige on your album, your really doing it. For some to say that this is an average album in my opinion is absolutely ridiculous. Jada has a great list of features, and spits nothin but hard bars all throughout the album. If you appreciate hip hop go get this album because i guarantee youll be bumpin this **** years from now i know i will.

Comment

thanks lep.....

Comment

bump...

i want some more in depth of what people think about the album... not just "oooh that album was trash"... If you like or dislike it, i want to know what made you like or dislike the album.. holla

Comment

I need to buy the real copy.

Comment

Too many r&b'ish tracks on it for me. I was expecting the raw **** he usually spits. Beats could've been better as well. Like i said in the other thread, after listening to his Kiss My Ass Cd, this album was a dissapointment. I'll refrain from using the word "trash" like i did in my thread that i dedicated to this album, but i will say that this album is just OK. Nothing really to get all excited about. I've heard WAY hotter **** from Jada on his mixed CD's.

On a side note, Jada is my favorite rapper. Therefore dont label me as a hater. Im just speaking on how i feel about this album.

Comment

Im still wanna listen to it a few more times but i was impressed, it was better then i expected. I thought Jada was gonna try to go too pop on this so he can sell more records, and he did have a good amount of r&b songs on this, but i was feelin all them. The only song i really dont like is the one with swizz beats. That song is terrible, swizz fell the **** off. But other then that, this cd is real good and worth coppin. For now im givin it a 4/5 but that could move up to 4.5/5

Comment

I got about 5 tracks in, had to leave the house, sounded decent.

Comment

Originally posted by GodzHand View Post
                    I got about 5 tracks in, had to leave the house, sounded decent.
                    get ready for a lot of ...... nothing.

2.5/5

Comment

Working...
                    X