Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what boxer has had the latest prime in there career??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what boxer has had the latest prime in there career??

I gotta say lennox the dude turned pro in 89 and his prime was like 99-02. what the ****

Yeah lewis was at his sharpest ever for his second fight with Rahman, he was never as sharp as that for any of his other fights, although his hatred for Rahman and the fact his lecacy was on the line contributed to that i'm sure.

Comment

What about old Jersey Joe Walcott, who started his career in 1930, yet was having some of the best fights of his career some twenty years later?

Archie Moore & Bob Fitzsimmons are worth mentioning, as well, seeing as how both of them were still going very strong into their 20th years in the sport.

Comment

I say sugar ray robinson also. hell even ali. H e had like 2 primes in my opinion the 60s and the 70s

Comment

archie moore.

Comment

Archie Moore.

Larry Holmes was pretty good late in his career.

Joe Frazier looked pretty good in the 70's, and so did Ali. Ali wasn't in his physical prime anymore, but he was a smarter fighter in the 70's.

Lennox Lewis is worth mentioning as well.

Comment

Originally posted by cpimp
              I say sugar ray robinson also. hell even ali. H e had like 2 primes in my opinion the 60s and the 70s

Hard to call it prime when he couldn't beat Norton convincingly, get whopped by Frazier and lost to Young. But until Foreman fight he was quite close to his best when he wanted to.

Comment

I was referring to the Ali of 1970-1974. After that his career was basically a travelling show to make money all over the world. Many people say that his fights were the biggest waste of money in the mid to late 70's.

Holmes is still near the top of my list; he was like 98 when he fought Tyson and he did better than Micheal Spinks.

George Foreman did win the title in his 40's, and he put up a whale of a fight against a pretty good Holyfield (with or without Evander's head-butt of doom).

Comment

didnt depmsey surge late also

Comment

Mike Tyson for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X