• Show
Clear All

• Rumors on the Prides next round of GP

Nog vs. Fedor
    Ogawa vs. Randelman
    Giant silva vs. Herring
    Kharitonov vs. Schiltt

and Mirko may fight Waterman for a reserve

Nog/Fedor 2nd round?!?! I thought that would be the final. Looks like they might be trying to give some of the other guys a shot to advance into the main events.

Comment

Wow. If that was the line up... my picks would be:

Fedor
      Randleman
      Herring
      Kharitonov

and wtf? why would they put a Mirko vs Waterman fight on reserve? Mirko just beat him not too long ago. And Mirko just got KTFO... why would he get another shot at the GP? I mean I am a huge Cro Cop fan, but that just does'nt make any ****in sense what-so-ever.

Comment

Originally posted by DOGGx0
        Wow. If that was the line up... my picks would be:

Fedor
        Randleman
        Herring
        Kharitonov

and wtf? why would they put a Mirko vs Waterman fight on reserve? Mirko just beat him not too long ago. And Mirko just got KTFO... why would he get another shot at the GP? I mean I am a huge Cro Cop fan, but that just does'nt make any ****in sense what-so-ever.
        Agreed. I wish Pride would call and ask me MY opinion. I would say;
        Nog vs. Ogawa
        Fedor vs. Randleman
        Silva vs. Schilt
        Herring vs. Khartinov

Comment

Randleman v. Ogawa... I think this is pretty much a given, considering the end of the night trash talkin he did and callin out ogawa...seemed like a setup to me.

Herring v. Silva... Already went down, Herring's been there and done that. time to put Schilt against the big guy, imo.

I dont know about the rest, but I'd be shocked if round 2 put nog and fedor together like that. I'd bet more on fedor v. Herring, Nog v. Khartinov or vice versa, who knows.

Comment

MORE INFO:

http://puroresupower.com/

Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic made an appeal to PRIDE boss Nobuyuki Sakakibara to work the promotion's 5/23 Yokohama Arena show. There is discussion that Mirko will face Ron Waterman in a match to determine a reserve fighter for the open-weight GP tournament, with the fight taking place either on 5/23 or in July with the winner headed to the 8/15 Saitama Super Arena show. Naoya Ogawa nominated Kevin Randleman and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira as the top two opponents he wants DSE to choose from for this 6/20 Saitama Super Arena GP tournament fight. Meanwhile, some hints were dropped of a Giant Silva/Heath Herring re-match for 6/20 in Saitama along with the potential for Nogueira vs. Fedor. Meanwhile, K-1 is claiming they are talking with their lawyers over Mark Hunt working in PRIDE.

If the hints are true, that means PRIDE's 6/20 card would have:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Emelianenko Fedor, Naoya Ogawa vs. Kevin Randleman, Giant Silva vs. Heath Herring, Sergei Kharitonov vs. Semmy Schiltt

Comment

No way should CroCop get another chance. If he gets another chance, why not Mark Coleman? Or Takahashi? Or Ninja? No way should he be allowed just because he's Mirko Frickin CroCop. **** no. He got KOed to ****.

Comment

Mirko is the biggest name out of all of them, so it makes "marketing" sense. I guess......

Comment

Fedor vs Nogueira in the second round? Am I the only one that did a double take on this?

Comment

Originally posted by Creed
                    Fedor vs Nogueira in the second round? Am I the only one that did a double take on this?
                    not if you read every post above you

Comment

Working...
                    X