Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't Sanchez teach GGG how to cut off the ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't Sanchez teach GGG how to cut off the ring?

Why is he constantly begging Canelo to stand still and go rock em sock em robot? I don't understand when fighters and trainers complain about movement....Hell the first thing you learn when you enter a gym is how to stand and how to move.

If you can not deal with movement then that is your issue and the issue of the person training you. People need to stop slamming a fighter because he uses the ring while out scoring the other opponent.

Golovkin beat Canelo and youuuu Larry keep hating about melanin.

Comment

So it’s your opinion then that Golovkin doesn’t know how to cut off the ring?

Comment

Because he's not as great a trainer some people make him out to be. He finds talent, but can't sharpen them, and him asking Canelo to fight in a way that suits GGG and HIMSELF is proof of that. He can't find a way to beat Canelo using his brain so is pretty much appealing to Canelo to let GGG get some free shots in.

Abel cares more about his image than that of his fighters, and it would be a massive hit to his ego to see his golden child beaten.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          Why is he constantly begging Canelo to stand still and go rock em sock em robot? I don't understand when fighters and trainers complain about movement....Hell the first thing you learn when you enter a gym is how to stand and how to move.

If you can not deal with movement then that is your issue and the issue of the person training you. People need to stop slamming a fighter because he uses the ring while out scoring the other opponent.
          He better teach him by September.

Comment

cause they built their style off the power! The power is there to force a fighter into a trap, THEY DONT CUT OFF THE RING!, Canelo didn't subcumb to the power so GGG couldnt force him into the traps.

GGG got traps but he cant cut off the ring well.

Comment

you love setting up self fulfilling prophecies dont you? if ggg doens't cut off the ring(meaning by your warped definition trap canelo constantly and beat the crap out of him on the ropes) then canelo wins.

Comment

In fairness, GG has been brilliant at cutting off the ring in past fights. But, those were the Rosados, Macklins, etc of the world. When he got Canelo trapped, Canelo simply slipped his shots and I think Canelo is too skilled for GG to simply cut him off and pound him like he did Brook. You can do that with guys who can't punch back but Canelo has greater 1-punch power than GG so chasing Canelo is a dicey venture.

IMO, the whole "he ran" narrative is ignorant. He didn't run, but dumb fans just like to parrot what Sanchez says. I doubt GG will do very little different in the rematch, aside from working the body much more. Sanchez also said BS about KOing Canelo in the first fight but that clearly wasn't part of the play. He's posturing to impress the fans. I do not see GG going for the kill this time, he'll go slow and steady like the first fight and rely on Canelo to be stupid.

Comment

And where was all the running??

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                    Golovkin beat Canelo and youuuu Larry keep hating about melanin.
                    Kill all the race baiting and just talk boxing.. BostonGuy seriously i am tired of these posters constantly going on about race..I just want to talk boxing thats it!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X