Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The commisions, Vegas, PPV, and all others involved in making fights happen should...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The commisions, Vegas, PPV, and all others involved in making fights happen should...

They should just not promote or sanction a fight for Pac or Mayweather again unless its a fight between those two....They absolutly can do that I would think...now....it will never happen due to greed, but it would be IN my opinion the best thing for the sport of boxing to do right now in the midst of MMA becoming popular...It would show the "boxing world" cares about the fans and what they want....opinions??

Originally posted by kbpoetree View Post
    they should just not promote or sanction a fight for pac or mayweather again unless its a fight between those two....they absolutly can do that i would think...now....it will never happen due to greed, but it would be in my opinion the best thing for the sport of boxing to do right now in the midst of mma becoming popular...it would show the "boxing world" cares about the fans and what they want....opinions??
    great opinion. They should send in canada to make sure that random testinly has been ageed upon and is enforced that way we know its true when one side says its true but contradicts itself.

Comment

This fight won't happen, because boxing doesn't have a central authority. That's why you have multiple organizations and multiple titles. It allows boxers to duck threats and fight whatever fights they are more comfortable with, or produce the most income. Even as simple thing as proper OSDT cannot be agreed among the boxing bodies, because that would cost money, and they prefer to pocket it instead of advance boxing a step forward.
      Add to the mix is TV stations, who are another problematic factor. If they don't like you, you don't get exposure, and your boxing future is in a trash can.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
        This fight won't happen, because boxing doesn't have a central authority. That's why you have multiple organizations and multiple titles. It allows boxers to duck threats and fight whatever fights they are more comfortable with, or produce the most income. Even as simple thing as proper OSDT cannot be agreed among the boxing bodies, because that would cost money, and they prefer to pocket it instead of advance boxing a step forward.
        Add to the mix is TV stations, who are another problematic factor. If they don't like you, you don't get exposure, and your boxing future is in a trash can.
        I think if it doesnt happen it will be because of Pac...mainly because as arrogant as Mayweather is...he wants the respect of people..eventually "everyone" saying he isnt gr8 until he beats Pac will get under his skin and he wont hide from the fight anymore...if you ask me..and some pro boxers...the theory is they are simply putting on a what i'd call "few years" promotion...hypen up the fight like no other...and its working

Comment

floyd hasn't fought an arum fighter ever since he bought out the contract and left him. pac, cotto, margarito, clottey, mike jones ..... why he doesn't want to cooperate with arum is another question, presumably arum still owes him money (no surprise there). either way it doesn't look good, all the public excuses and spin seems to be a facade for something else, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Leohappy View Post
            floyd hasn't fought an arum fighter ever since he bought out the contract and left him. pac, cotto, margarito, clottey, mike jones ..... why he doesn't want to cooperate with arum is another question, presumably arum still owes him money (no surprise there). either way it doesn't look good, all the public excuses and spin seems to be a facade for something else, really.
            ahhhh so i suppose if Arum decides to pay what Mayweather thinks he's owed..would that squash it??? I def know how promoters and fighters can get at each other..seen it first hand once at a fight...and sadly enough I was told I'd never be on one of his cards due to my coach lol....ahh the damn promoters are somethan else..

Comment

Working...
            X