No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Video: Arum on Schaefer, Pacquiao, Pavlik, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Video: Arum on Schaefer, Pacquiao, Pavlik, More

Luis Sandoval catches up with Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum to discuss Andre Ward vs. Kelly Pavlik, Manny Pacquiao vs. Juan Manuel Marquez, and more. [Click Here To Read More]

Lol'd at "This isn't MLB, you don't trade fighters."

Well that's too bad because now two good fights got thrown down the drain.

Maybe they should start trading fighters...
    Last edited by thuggery; 11-30-2012, 12:33 AM.

Comment

The reality here though is that Donaire has all the leverage in those negotiations but what Schaeffer wants is to use that fight as leverage for another fight...Stevie Wonder could've seen that wasn't going to work out. Would love to hear arum state back..ok i'll give you donaire..you give me mayweather lol
      Last edited by turnedup; 11-30-2012, 02:02 AM.

Comment

F**k Bob Arum.

Comment

That was a BS response by Bob. Its only fare you trade off fights. What, he wants them all? Its obvious he's the one killing boxing here.

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
            That was a BS response by Bob. Its only fare you trade off fights. What, he wants them all? Its obvious he's the one killing boxing here.
            It's not a fair trade though. Donaire is the man to beat at at 122. And Mares needs Donaire more than Donaires needs Mares. A fair trade would have been to give Rios the man to beat at 140, which is Garcia, not Matthyse. Matthyse is a high risk and low reward fighter with no belt. Why would Arum want that? Golden Boy doesn't even want to put Matthyse against their own fighter (Garcia).
            Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 11-30-2012, 03:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              It's not a fair trade though. Donaire is the man to beat at at 122. And Mares needs Donaire more than Donaires needs Mares. A fair trade would have been to give Rios the man to beat at 140, which is Garcia, not Matthyse. Matthyse is a high risk and low reward fighter with no belt. Why would Arum want that? Golden Boy doesn't even want to put Matthyse against their own fighter (Garcia).
              GBP just needs to takes Top Rank's offer and accept a fee. I mean GBP only paid Matthyssee a 100k or so in his last fight and Rios is by far a bigger draw than him.

Comment

I'm boycotting Pac-Marquez partly so as not to line this scumbag Arum's pockets. I say boycott.... I may find a stream.

And Carl Moretti is a douche. The fact that Arum won't even be drawn into discussing working with Golden Boy tells you all you need to know. Mayweather-Pacquiao will never happen.

Comment

actually, it is like major league baseball.... you had de la hoya, mayweather , and cotto...... and now they are with someone else

lol

Comment

Working...
                  X