No announcement yet.

All this P.E.D stuff is making me question the history of the sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All this P.E.D stuff is making me question the history of the sport

HOw do we know this stuff didnt start back in the ALi days, hell maybe even before. What about Foreman, Tyson, Evander, Lennox, Ali, the list goes on. Do you think boxing is tainted now because we will never know who the hell was on "undetected" PED's. Dammit.

all the more reason to give louis the goat status

steroids have been abused since the 50s even before maybe

Comment

Originally posted by laudium View Post
      HOw do we know ....
      we dont....

Comment

not that cheating is new but I think athletes were more honest in those days, however, all we can worry about is "The NOW", can't cry over spilled milk and I think that what's taking place today with regards to PEDS/ROIDS have no merit on the accomplishments of athletes such as Ali and other athletes from older eras...

Comment

There may have been some enhancers back then probably more natural than the synthetic stuff of today. We won't know for sure.

Heck they used to use smelling salts to revive fighters in their corners back in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by ronniejunior View Post
            not that cheating is new but I think athletes were more honest in those days, however, all we can worry about is "The NOW", can't cry over spilled milk and I think that what's taking place today with regards to PEDS/ROIDS have no merit on the accomplishments of athletes such as Ali and other athletes from older eras...
            more honest??why cause they are old school??they cheated they ass off to..they used loaded gloves and put stuff on their gloves,they threw fights for the Mob honest my ass

Comment

i was always thought Willie Pep might be on something

Comment

No doubt. I bet PED's has been around for generations and been used.

It's why we need stricter testing and it seems to be heading that way, thankfully.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx1950 View Post
                  more honest??why cause they are old school??they cheated they ass off to..they used loaded gloves and put stuff on their gloves,they threw fights for the Mob honest my ass
                  more honest with respect to PEDS/ROIDS, their training methods were more honest, more fighters struggled back then and fought every week sometimes back to back days keeping them more honest in my opinion with respect to PEDS/ROIDS, especially for black fighters during segregated times, don't think they would have risked their careers by adding substances to their system, not to say that other fighters didn't, it's just that I don't think it was as prevalent then as it is now...this thread wasn't about mobb hits and loaded gloves...it's about PEDS/ROIDS and if Ali and fighters from that error used similar methods.....

Comment

This is precisely why we need to come down hard on steroid abusers not buy their bullshit excuses to give them a pass.

The integrity of the sport is at stake.

Comment

Working...
                    X