Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Law Experts? Bill Cosby Settle Out OF Court and Still Got Charged?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] Any Law Experts? Bill Cosby Settle Out OF Court and Still Got Charged?

If im reading it correctly, he settle out of court paid her 3.6 million dollars and still got charged criminally?

got a mistrail and they got a redo and found him guilty again?

I thought when you settle out of court that was it, no more criminal case?

Can Cosby counter sue her for testifying against him? I mean 3.6 million can by alot of Cup Of Noodles in prison.

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post

If im reading it correctly, he settle out of court paid her 3.6 million dollars and still got charged criminally?

Can Cosby counter sue her for testifying against him? I mean 3.6 million can by alot of Cup Of Noodles in prison.
    Sounds like he settled a civil lawsuit with the plaintiff but was convicted in a criminal lawsuit brought by state

OJ was found not guilty in criminal lawsuit but lost civil lawsuit brought by wife’s family

Comment

The nerve of that judgmental man and to think the life he was living behind the scenes.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
        Sounds like he settled a civil lawsuit with the plaintiff but was convicted in a criminal lawsuit brought by state

OJ was found not guilty in criminal lawsuit but lost civil lawsuit brought by wife’s family
        He lost the civil lawsuit and he should have paid over about 30 million dollars but only paid over 1 million, right?

Comment

Yeah, it's basically like Tomjas said. The civil matter between Mr Cosby and the plaintiff and the criminal matter between Mr Cosby and the state, are two separate and distinct matters.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
            He lost the civil lawsuit and he should have paid over about 30 million dollars but only paid over 1 million, right?
            Something like that

He moved to Florida as that state affords more protection to personal assets from creditors so they couldn’t just sell him up

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
              Something like that

He moved to Florida as that state affords more protection to personal assets from creditors so they couldn’t just sell him up
              Gotcha. Got custody of the kids too.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                Yeah, it's basically like Tomjas said. The civil matter between Mr Cosby and the plaintiff and the criminal matter between Mr Cosby and the state, are two separate and distinct matters.
                Woah. Do you have Esquire after you name, sir?

Comment

Prosecutors can still file charges if they have enough evidence to move forward. Without the victim actually pressing charges. They actually got the evidence from the civil trials being unsealed.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post

A civil case, and a criminal case.

You can't pay people off if you have committed a crime?

I know this is a corrupt world, but don't be ridiculous.

Cosby should be locked up for life for what he has done.

Comment

Working...
                    X