No announcement yet.

Is Bob Arum cashing out on Pac?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Bob Arum cashing out on Pac?

I think so. Theres no way Bob is going to let Pac win a decision this time around. He knows Pac isn't going to stay with Top Rank, so I think he's going to rig the fight in Marquez's favor. So we should expect to see Marquez vs. Bradley in 2013. What are your thoughts?

No, he'll make sure Pac wins this one. He can't afford to have Pac go into a Floyd fight any lower... He's already pushing 60/40 at this time with a possibility of 55/45, he needs to at least stay in that range. If he loses, he's at floyd's mercy. JMM will be retiring soon, so it's really not worth throwing pac to the wolves just yet. JMM too old and not worth it imho in terms of business, but I guess if Arum wants to seem legit (lol) he'll do it at the expense of Pac, and let pac take like a 35/40 percent cut against Floyd and drop him.

Comment

i believe bob was in on that bradely gift decision..

but i dont think he'll do it with the jmm fight since he knows the judges will be sympathetic to jmm this time around , like roach said providing there wont be any KD or KO...

as for floyd, F0ck that coward!

Comment

Well if pac's contract with Top Rank expires in 2013, what would be his incentive of resigning with Bob when he can go and promote himself. Think about it, he just signed a promotional joint venture with 50 cent. Bob knows he isn't getting any of that pac money and pac's going to be cool with taking 45% for himself which is more than he'll ever make with bob

Comment

Originally posted by mirizarr View Post
          I think so. Theres no way Bob is going to let Pac win a decision this time around. He knows Pac isn't going to stay with Top Rank, so I think he's going to rig the fight in Marquez's favor. So we should expect to see Marquez vs. Bradley in 2013. What are your thoughts?
          I don't think he is going to rig it, Arum is cashing out for sure he knows Marquez will probably beat Pac and get the decision or stoppage this time around since Pacman no longer has the fire in his belly. Marquez vs Bradley is a good fight and Bradley should win, this way it sets up Bradley as his cash cow, Arum is trying to build his own Floyd, Bradley will become the most hated man that people want to see lose and generate millions.

Pacquiao has no shot against Marquez, Pac is shot and old already, the last thing to go is technical skills which JMM still has Pac has none.

Comment

Originally posted by come out dancin
            bob arum controls pacman like a dam puppet and all his fanboys dont even kno it.

pac should of took the 40mil cus thats like 5x as much as hes ever made or will make in any other fight. bob arum will cash him out when its time to fight floyd
            If you want to call it a cash out, by all means go ahead. Was Chavez vs Martinez a cash out bout? Considering an undefeated Chavez has more to offer Top Rank than a 33 year old Pacquiao, you see where I'm getting at? Manny Pacquiao is a terrific fighter, Floyd Mayweather is a terrific fighter. Pacquiao and Floyd are supposed to fight - I wouldn't call it a "cash out." You could argue Arum played a part in prolonging the bout and I'd agree, but Floyd and Manny are just as guilty, and perhaps more so.

Comment

Originally posted by mirizarr View Post
              Well if pac's contract with Top Rank expires in 2013, what would be his incentive of resigning with Bob when he can go and promote himself. Think about it, he just signed a promotional joint venture with 50 cent. Bob knows he isn't getting any of that pac money and pac's going to be cool with taking 45% for himself which is more than he'll ever make with bob
              does it expire in 2013? how do you know that?

Comment

Arum will throw pac under the bus in a minute if it makes him money but IDK about this.

Yeah he has to do something with Bradley but I think no matter who Bradley beats, even if he beats Marquez (who has to show his age some time), Bradley is one of those guys like Winky and Martinez who just isnt marketable. Partly due to lake of power and partly do to personality.

He rig a JMM win, then get Bradley a JMM win. I think he might finally do Floyd-Pac. Pac is on the way out and hes milked him for years now. One last megafight with him to get a final paycheck. Why I dont know because Arum has more money than he can spend before he dies but hes a jew and thats the way they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
                  does it expire in 2013? how do you know that?
                  If its true arum will just put an extension in with his next fight and pac will sign it without reading it or bothering to object to it.

Arum strong armed JCC jr into signing an extension by refusing to give him any fights without an extension tacked onto it. Sort of like congress passing laws with the extras that they want tacked on.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                    I don't think he is going to rig it, Arum is cashing out for sure he knows Marquez will probably beat Pac and get the decision or stoppage this time around since Pacman no longer has the fire in his belly. Marquez vs Bradley is a good fight and Bradley should win, this way it sets up Bradley as his cash cow, Arum is trying to build his own Floyd, Bradley will become the most hated man that people want to see lose and generate millions.

Pacquiao has no shot against Marquez, Pac is shot and old already, the last thing to go is technical skills which JMM still has Pac has none.
                    The professional oddsmakers disagree with you. Pacquiao is a 4to1 favorite to win at the MGM Grand. If you believe that Pac has no shot against Marquez and you don't mind backing your opinion with a bet, here is your chance to make some money.

Comment

Working...
                    X