No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy: 50,000 Tickets Sold To Back To Back Cards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golden Boy: 50,000 Tickets Sold To Back To Back Cards

LOS ANGELES - Boxing fans and sports enthusiasts have spoken to the tune of approximately 50,000 tickets purchased for the unprecedented three consecutive weekends of mega-events in April and May, all of which are promoted by Golden Boy Promotions.

The three-week marathon of championship boxing excellence begins with the WBC and WBA Super Welterweight Unification bout between Canelo Alvarez and Austin Trout at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas on Saturday April 20 which is co-promoted with Canelo Promotions and Leija & Battah Promotions, followed by the Unified Super Lightweight World Championship between Danny Garcia and Zab Judah at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York on Saturday, April 27 and the grand finale, "MAY DAY: Floyd Mayweather vs. Robert Guerrero" on Saturday, May 4 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada which is co-promoted by Mayweather Promotions. The April 20 and April 27 SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING events will be televised live on SHOWTIME® and the May 4 "MAY DAY: Floyd Mayweather vs. Robert Guerrero" mega-event will be produced and distributed by SHOWTIME PPV®.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    LOS ANGELES - Boxing fans and sports enthusiasts have spoken to the tune of approximately 50,000 tickets purchased for the unprecedented three consecutive weekends of mega-events in April and May, all of which are promoted by Golden Boy Promotions.

The three-week marathon of championship boxing excellence begins with the WBC and WBA Super Welterweight Unification bout between Canelo Alvarez and Austin Trout at the Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas on Saturday April 20 which is co-promoted with Canelo Promotions and Leija & Battah Promotions, followed by the Unified Super Lightweight World Championship between Danny Garcia and Zab Judah at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, New York on Saturday, April 27 and the grand finale, "MAY DAY: Floyd Mayweather vs. Robert Guerrero" on Saturday, May 4 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada which is co-promoted by Mayweather Promotions. The April 20 and April 27 SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING events will be televised live on SHOWTIME® and the May 4 "MAY DAY: Floyd Mayweather vs. Robert Guerrero" mega-event will be produced and distributed by SHOWTIME PPV®.

[Click Here To Read More]
    so how many have each event sold so far?

Comment

Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
      so how many have each event sold so far?
      Canelo-trout have already sold more then 20,000 tickets.I'm guessing
      floyds and dannys have sold about 10,000 each for there fights.

Comment

yeah right.. added all the ticket sold back to back! How many tickets did you sold on Floyd vs Guerrero alone?

Canelo vs Trout = 26,000 +
        Garcia vs Judah = 10,000 (more or less)
        Floyd vs Guerero=14,000 ? PPV Fight
        Last edited by Supreme Being; 03-21-2013, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
          Canelo-trout have already sold more then 20,000 tickets.I'm guessing
          floyds and dannys have sold about 10,000 each for there fights.
          They said Floyd-Guerrero had about 1500 tickets left last week, so I'm guessing there's maybe 1000 left, and the MGM seats 15000.

I think Floyd-Guerrero has done 14,000 obviously at a high high high price, Alvarez-Trout has probably done like 20,000-25,000, and Garcia-Judah has probably done like 10,000 or so.

Comment

Goldenboy I believe is also putting on the Khan fight in England, if those are counted then the total would surely exceed 60,000. I think the arena which Khan is fighting in hold 12,000 people and surely he would sell it out in England

Comment

Canelo vs Trout has sold about 26,000 last time they reported it. Floyd vs Guerrero has at least 15,000 sold of 16,000. Garcia vs Judah is the one I really don't know. I am assuming it is around 10,000 or could be a little less. Also it is weird they did not bring up the Khan fight. All around though Golden Boy in April and May are bringing in a whole lot of money.

Comment

Canelo is proving to be a Cash cow

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                  They said Floyd-Guerrero had about 1500 tickets left last week, so I'm guessing there's maybe 1000 left, and the MGM seats 15000.

I think Floyd-Guerrero has done 14,000 obviously at a high high high price, Alvarez-Trout has probably done like 20,000-25,000, and Garcia-Judah has probably done like 10,000 or so.
                  Hopefully the ratings and ppv buys match the ticket sales.

Comment

This is good for boxing. 3 different fights in 3 different cities all getting good sales.

Comment

Working...
                    X