No announcement yet.

Royce Gracie in perspective.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Royce Gracie in perspective.

The general sentiment by the MMA populance is that Royce Gracie's technique is very old school BJJ (nothing different from his father Helio Gracie). Many questions have been put up about his ability to handle today's more progressive pure BJJ players such as Nino. It appears that Royce the master of the conceit is not even that confident he could beat any of these stars of sport BJJ.

http://www.mma.tv/TUF/DisplayMessages.cfm?TID=122523&P=2&FID=35&c=1

He sounded fairly humble to me.

Comment

guy made his mark. Time is an unbeatable enemy that only gets better , just ask Ken Shamrock,Don Frye, Hoost, Aerts, Couture etc.

Royce's name will always be associated with great fighters. in MMA history guys like him will be immortilized. For the next generation there will be more competition and to get where Royce has been will only get harder.

Comment

well.. im a huge royce fan! but maybe this should be in mma and not in ot?

=)

Comment

Moved.

Comment

That question seems to be pretty much a sport BJJ question which as Royce said, he has hardly competed in at top level since he was 18 when he went to the States.

Royce made the choice and was a pioneer of MMA in America and opened the rest of the worlds eyes to BJJ. Whether he would beat Sperry or Nino is neither here nor there anymore, they have chosen their paths and have all been extremely successful.

Comment

i think he could take sperry. im not sure, but i've heard that royler is unbeatable in bjj..(not in mma)

=)

Comment

Royce never was the best at BJJ.

Comment

Working...
                X