Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Willing To Fight Murata in Japan, Says Promoter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin Willing To Fight Murata in Japan, Says Promoter

Since winning the 'regular' version of the WBA middleweight title this past weekend, Ryota Murata (13-1, 10 KOs) and his promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank have made it very clear that unified champion, Gennady Golovkin (37-0-1, 33 KOs), is someone they are targeting for a fight at the Tokyo Dome. And there is reciprocal interest. "100-percent, I've always thought it would be great for Gennady to fight in Japan," said Tom Loeffler, the promoter for Golovkin, to BoxingScene.com.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Going backwards again I see. Poor lil g fans.....Lions Only!

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      Going backwards again I see. Poor lil g fans.....Lions Only!
      Murata has a better win at middleweight than either "Lions Only" bro has. He dominated N'Dam almost as much as Lemieux did, in his own way, although the knockdowns were definitely missing. But no one has made N'Dam quit like that before in any case. Still, I would only be interested in GGG-Murata in Japan if Murata could get a higher level win at 160 first. If Murata can beat Deryvanchenko, Jacobs, Andrade, Lemieux, Charlo, or someone like that, then GGG-Murata in Japan would become a pretty nice matchup for fans to see. But right now, I agree with you, it would be perceived as a step backwards for GGG.

Comment

easy win for ggg.

Comment

I can see this fight at the end of 2018 easily

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
            Murata has a better win at middleweight than either "Lions Only" bro has. He dominated N'Dam almost as much as Lemieux did, in his own way, although the knockdowns were definitely missing. But no one has made N'Dam quit like that before in any case. Still, I would only be interested in GGG-Murata in Japan if Murata could get a higher level win at 160 first. If Murata can beat Deryvanchenko, Jacobs, Andrade, Lemieux, Charlo, or someone like that, then GGG-Murata in Japan would become a pretty nice matchup for fans to see. But right now, I agree with you, it would be perceived as a step backwards for GGG.
            Peter Quillan dominated N'Dam before them all.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
              lemuix sux! Only twinkies with the cream filling in the middle don't want to see Jermall in there with their hero. Lion Only!

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                Peter Quillan dominated N'Dam before them all.
                did u watch the fight?

other than the KD's, N'Dam easily outboxed Quillin.

Comment

Korea V Japan. the ultimate rivalry!

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    lemuix sux! Only twinkies with the cream filling in the middle don't want to see Jermall in there with their hero. Lion Only!
                    Jermall who?

Comment

Working...
                    X