No announcement yet.

Vitali may have quit, but Ukrainian Fighters are TOUGH and I may have proof

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitali may have quit, but Ukrainian Fighters are TOUGH and I may have proof

Ok, so I just found out about this guy so don't knock me because I never heard of him before. Still a Student.

But, for all those that ripped Vitali for quitting and there are some that say people have been hard on him because he is from Ukraine...check this guy out and his story:

Ok...Wiki isn't that reliable but if true....quite impressive. There is also a link down below but I suspect some people may not find that reliable either
    If someone can confirm the story that would be great.

On February 10th, 1928, he faced Tony Canzoneri in New York City for the undisputed world title. Even though he lost a 15-round decision along with his title, Bass covered himself with fistic glory in a display of courage & stamina. During the third round of the encounter Bass somehow got his collarbone broken in five places. This kind of injury is excruciatingly painful making even something as simple as clenching your fists & holding them up agonizing. He somehow not only mustered the will too fight on for another 12 rounds; but from the 10th round on, he mounted a furious rally & almost pulled out of an extremely close 15 round split decision loss

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_Bass

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...enny_Bass.html

Regarding Bass, Jack Dempsey was quoted as saying: "He is the greatest fighter of his weight and inches I have ever set my eyes upon."
    Last edited by Benny Leonard; 05-26-2009, 06:44 PM.

great read and no doubt he is a tough mf'er but he's jewish or a jew from Ukraine not Ukrainian, Ukes are ethnic Eastern Slavs

Comment

p.s. watch the Tsypko Andrade fight if you want to see heart, or Tsurkan Angulo

lol Tsurkan's so tough he almost made Lampley cry, i was mad at Lampley for that ****

go to 5:02

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
        great read and no doubt he is a tough mf'er but he's jewish or a jew from Ukraine not Ukrainian, Ukes are ethnic Eastern Slavs
        Benny Leonard just made this thread to remind everyone about Vitali's fight with Byrd nine years ago.

He brings that fight up a LOT for some reason. Is it because he's trying to convince people to not like Vitali?

Comment

Judaism is a religion. Ukrainian is a nationality.

Comment

p.s. watch the Tsypko Andrade fight if you want to see heart, or Tsurkan Angulo

lol Tsurkan's so tough he almost made Lampley cry, i was mad at Lampley for that ****

go to 5:02

Hell yeah.... I remember that fight. That was pure heart and toughness.

Comment

Originally posted by Marijuana View Post
              Judaism is a religion. Ukrainian is a nationality.
              Alot of Jews don't think so but what i was pointing out is that a Jew from Ukraine is not a Eastern Slav, a jew from there is genetically different

Comment

That little fucker is built as a (little) brick ****house.

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
                  Benny Leonard just made this thread to remind everyone about Vitali's fight with Byrd nine years ago.

He brings that fight up a LOT for some reason. Is it because he's trying to convince people to not like Vitali?
                  Vitali had a great showing against Lewis. The fact that he wanted to go on despite the gash on his eye was what Champions do. Not quite the same as fighting with the other injury because I think the shoulder injury was worse as far as pain and hinder of performance, but still redeemable.

The TKO loss by retiring instead of fighting on against Byrd may have actually helped Vitali see boxing in a new light. No longer was it about sport but it was about fighting till the end. So kind of like a growing experience from him after he learned how many viewed that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
                    Ok, so I just found out about this guy so don't knock me because I never heard of him before. Still a Student.

But, for all those that ripped Vitali for quitting and there are some that say people have been hard on him because he is from Ukraine...check this guy out and his story:

Ok...Wiki isn't that reliable but if true....quite impressive. There is also a link down below but I suspect some people may not find that reliable either
                    If someone can confirm the story that would be great.

On February 10th, 1928, he faced Tony Canzoneri in New York City for the undisputed world title. Even though he lost a 15-round decision along with his title, Bass covered himself with fistic glory in a display of courage & stamina. During the third round of the encounter Bass somehow got his collarbone broken in five places. This kind of injury is excruciatingly painful making even something as simple as clenching your fists & holding them up agonizing. He somehow not only mustered the will too fight on for another 12 rounds; but from the 10th round on, he mounted a furious rally & almost pulled out of an extremely close 15 round split decision loss

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benny_Bass

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...enny_Bass.html

Regarding Bass, Jack Dempsey was quoted as saying: "He is the greatest fighter of his weight and inches I have ever set my eyes upon."
                    I can vouch for this injury cuz I've had my collarbone broken when I was a kid when I fell from a big snowy mountain onto hard ice, and all I got say is, every single movement you do with your body is painful to the point that you can't move without a brace support. walking, moving your arms, turning your head, everything hurts like hell. so I can't imagine how this guy actually pulled this off. its pretty amazing.
                    Last edited by -Swizzy-; 05-26-2009, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X