Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best fight of the decade never made

By GAVIN GLICKSMAN

Published: 02 Aug 2010

CARL FROCH has brought the curtain down on his feud with Joe Calzaghe.
    The duo regularly traded verbal blows and rumours of a domestic showdown rumbled on even after Calzaghe hung up his gloves.

But they appear to have drawn a line under their rivalry during a WBC event in Cardiff at the weekend, with Froch admitting the undefeated Welshman will never be tempted out of retirement.

© News Group Newspapers Ltd. "The Sun", "Sun", "Sun Online" are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited.

That potential fight has to rank up there with Lewis-Vitali 2, Manny-floyd, JMM-Erik as one of the best fights never made in the past decade. It's a shame. As great as Carl is I might've taken Joe by a split decision.

It is a shame, but I really don't see Froch being able to touch Calzaghe. Froch is made for Calzaghe. A thousand punches to the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
      It is a shame, but I really don't see Froch being able to touch Calzaghe. Froch is made for Calzaghe. A thousand punches to the face.
      Are you serious? Froch has arguably the best workrate in boxing. Joe is an ATG no doubt but Froch is the most underrated fighter in the world right now by a mile.

Comment

Working...
      X