No announcement yet.

Halo ODST Outsells Killzone 2 in 2 days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Halo ODST Outsells Killzone 2 in 2 days

Here's an interesting bit of news for co-op fans. Killzone 2 is the premiere FPS for the PS3. It's gorgeous visually, but has one glaring weakness: no co-op whatsoever. As we've covered before, the game really suffers as a result. Even without our favorite feature, Killzone 2 has sold well by almost any measure, with 1.9 million copies moved since the game's release in late February.

I did just say "almost any measure". Apparently, when compared to Halo 3 ODST, Killzone 2 looks like small potatoes. All the controversy about ODST's campaign length and recycled multiplayer didn't hold too many fans back. A whopping 2 million copies of Halo 3 ODST were sold on the first day alone. Not too many games sell like that, folks.

The question is, why? Is it the fact that there are more Xbox 360s out there? Perhaps the marketing bonanza, with a Halo anime coming? Maybe it's the Reach beta? Or is it just the Halo title? All of these may be factors, but for us, the clear reason is co-op. Firefight is just what the franchise needed: a way to extend gameplay beyond the campaign that doesn't involve PvP. Teaming up with your friends to take down the covenant is a good time, by any measure.

It's mostly because ps3 is dead last in the "console war" i can't be bothered to go look at numbers but i beleive there are many more 360's than ps3 out there. So it's easier for 360 games to sell big numbers. Though 2 million sales for a ps3 game is huge, hell it's huge for any game on any console.

Comment

Killzone 2 wasn't even that tight

Comment

I liked Killzone 2 a lot better but then again im a Playstation user who also had the original Killzone.
        Never really liked Halo but i know a lot of people who do.

Comment

ODST was OK too short and Firefight=Horde mode in first person, Killzone was the much better game. ODST does those number just because its a Halo game.

That said, Reach should be immense especially having read the book hopefully you get to play the spartan 2 origins (although it might be from first strike) I hope some of the levels mirror the start of Halo:CE. One of the best opening levels I've ever played.

Comment

HALO is a huge name in gaming.........no one with half a brain expected anything different

hell look at halo 3.......it still sells and has sold almost 10 million copies......

Comment

I hate fanboy **** but halo is pretty gay to me. COD4 is the FPS I like to play the most (cant wait till the next one).

Comment

I didn't like Killzone 2. But to be fair I don't like Halo either. Halo is a huge franchise so it's not a surprise.

I don't really like Gears or Resistance either.

I'll take CoD over all of them. Rainbow, Bad Company, Socom. I bet CoD MW2 kills ODST in sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Left2body View Post
                  I didn't like Killzone 2. But to be fair I don't like Halo either. Halo is a huge franchise so it's not a surprise.

I don't really like Gears or Resistance either.

I'll take CoD over all of them. Rainbow, Bad Company, Socom. I bet CoD MW2 kills ODST in sales.
                  I think Killzone 2 is awful in all honesty. Im all about Halo. CoD MW2 will kill ODST in sales i agree but, they are different games... Cod MW2 is the next game in the series. ODST is pretty much just a side-game for die-hard fans.

I'll be honest, I've played many many call of duties... and rainbow 6's... I don't like them that much. It's personal preference I guess. They are great fun with friends though, better than Halo with friends, when you get to such a high level online... People who aren't as good don't enjoy playing with you. Even more so when you're against them.

Comment

halo>>>

i got both of them...

Comment

Working...
                    X