No announcement yet.

Ali is the greatest athlete in the history of mankind

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali is the greatest athlete in the history of mankind

muhammad ali is better than michael jordan, wayne gretski, lance armstrong, jim brown, willy mays and babe ruth combined.
    (yea, this is for you DuncanJL lol!)

i hate you

Originally posted by butterfly1964
    i believe i know more about ali than everyone, including you. you nor anybody can tell me what happened in his career, and i know more than anyone what could have happened.
    you said it. no way i could make that **** up.

i never thought i could hate someone who likes ali. but your comments about "knowing" more than anyone are just too ridiculous to ignore. really. do you know that there are professional biographers that basically study Ali's career for a living? These people obtain first source material from people who knew him, cared for him, worked with him etc. It disturbs the hell out of me for a 16 yr old kid who has seen some Ali fights on tv and has read some biased bull**** on the web to say he "knows" anything. well i know something! you are a joke buddy. everyone already knows he is the best athlete. you don't need to say it like it's news. everyone has seen the fights. we all know that Ali missed his prime. he is the best athlete.
    you on the other hand are horrible.

he is the best. you are horrible. Ali, best. You, horrible.

when you open your mouth, nothing but spew comes out. and you open it often like everyone ought to listen. The thing is that you aren't even interested in knowing the truths about his career, like a good fan. you just want to spew like you already know everything there is to know. well im pretty sure that you will never cease to "enlighten" us all on everything we already know about Ali's career. so spew away man yah!
    Last edited by DuncanJL; 10-29-2005, 04:45 AM.

Comment

[[[muhammad ali is better than]]]
      ========================

Well, he's damn sure better than you. Anything else is debatable!

Comment

you could argue the fact that he is the best boxer in history, but to say he is the greatest ATHLETE in the history of mankind is ridiculous. How do Names like Carl Lewis, or Jesse Owens, or Lance Armstrong not top him. There Physical gifts are unmatched in history. You have really showed your true knowledge or should i say lack there of about athletic achievements, and i will never take you seriously as a poster from this point on.

Comment

Of course he's a better athlete than Babe Ruth. Ruth's training methods consisted of drinking beer, and.....drinking beer.

And besides, Ali wasn't in a league of his own. He did lose fights. There are some athletes that were just unstoppable.

Comment

ali is the best athelte of ALL time

Comment

pele is the greatest

Comment

Originally posted by DuncanJL
                you said it. no way i could make that **** up.

i never thought i could hate someone who likes ali. but your comments about "knowing" more than anyone are just too ridiculous to ignore. really. do you know that there are professional biographers that basically study Ali's career for a living? These people obtain first source material from people who knew him, cared for him, worked with him etc. It disturbs the hell out of me for a 16 yr old kid who has seen some Ali fights on tv and has read some biased bull**** on the web to say he "knows" anything. well i know something! you are a joke buddy. everyone already knows he is the best athlete. you don't need to say it like it's news. everyone has seen the fights. we all know that Ali missed his prime. he is the best athlete.
                you on the other hand are horrible.

he is the best. you are horrible. Ali, best. You, horrible.

when you open your mouth, nothing but spew comes out. and you open it often like everyone ought to listen. The thing is that you aren't even interested in knowing the truths about his career, like a good fan. you just want to spew like you already know everything there is to know. well im pretty sure that you will never cease to "enlighten" us all on everything we already know about Ali's career. so spew away man yah!
                listen, i've read about 5 or 6 biographies on ali. have you done that? i don't know why you're trying to bash me on this thread, you actually agreed with me, then you said i'm horrible and i'm som 16 year old kid (i'm actually 17, can't you do math moron 1988 from 2005 is 17!), and that i watched a few of his fights. out of the 61 he's had i saw 40 to 45. so no i'm not some idiot you're trying to make me out to be. the fact that you agree with me and then you still try to soil my name is beyond me. what, is it because tommyhearns803 hasn't been around for a while and you need someone to be the goat? and i said before give me one thing i said that wasn't true and i will leave you alone. you said some things and i always gave you an answer, so as of now, you have'nt given me one thing! all you said was that i'm horrible and all that crap, but you couldn't even back THAT up lol! i feel i have a right to voice my opinions as much as the next guy, without someone attacking me on my personality and my intelligence, and not on boxing which is what it's supposed to be. i have not attacked you or started something with you in and way without you first attacking me. i would like to continue in this forum without having to defend myself on things i shouldn't even be defending myself on. can we stick to boxing please.
                Last edited by butterfly1964; 10-29-2005, 12:02 PM.

Comment

agreed butterfly agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by RastaSmoker
                    you could argue the fact that he is the best boxer in history, but to say he is the greatest ATHLETE in the history of mankind is ridiculous. How do Names like Carl Lewis, or Jesse Owens, or Lance Armstrong not top him. There Physical gifts are unmatched in history. You have really showed your true knowledge or should i say lack there of about athletic achievements, and i will never take you seriously as a poster from this point on.
                    so you are saying that carl lewis compares to the likes of ali? carl lewis is not even the best track and field athlete, nor jesse owens. michael johnson is, any fool would know that. ali, won the title when no one gave him a chance against liston and demolished the other competition in the 60s. he fought back to win the title after his title, his prime years, and his greastest boxing assets at the time, speed, were stripped from him by the u.s. gov't against an even more feared boxer in george foreman in the 70s. he also won the title again at age 36 when having some signs of parkinson's and has fought in the two greatest boxing matches of all times (ali-frazier I, and III in that order), and in the 70s, and even today, his face is more recognizable in the world than the president of the united states! name something lewis, owens, and armstrong has done that was better than that. think about something before you post it, or just get off the ganga lol!
                    Last edited by butterfly1964; 10-29-2005, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X