Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux: I Have To Win Convincingly, Win Very Clearly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux: I Have To Win Convincingly, Win Very Clearly

WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (17-0, 11 KOs) is taking a huge risk, but says it's required because nobody is willing to fight him in his own weight class or in the neighboring divisions. So the Cuban stylist moved up by two weight divisions to super featherweight to challenge Vasyl Lomachenko (9-1, 7 KOs) for the WBO world title. The contest takes place on Saturday night at The Theater in Madison Square Garden in New York City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I like that Rigo has this attitude. He’s gonna need it. And it’s gonna make for a great fight.

Comment

Thank The boxing Gods for Boxers like Rigo. Not like Frampton, Mares, And Panty Cruz.

Comment

Both great amatuers but need to side with one. Rigondeaux has more experience in the pro level which IMO will prove vital. This is not discrediting Loma which perhaps it is the greatest AM of all time. May the best man win.

Comment

Mr.Lomachenko get out your pencil and paper, school will be starting Saturday nite!

Comment

More experience in the pros? You’re kidding, right? He fought Donaire. Loma fought multiple world champions.

Comment

He's only fought three rounds since 2015!!!!??? Not good.... Well at least he knows he can't be conservative in this fight!! This should be fun to see!!!

Comment

I have posted my opinion that Rigondeaux has to know this is his best chance to secure future paydays after some less than enthused responses to his fights. Somehow, he has been strapped with the "dull but great" label. I love this comment- he sounds like he understands what is at stake. I am not worried about inactivity. He has been in boxing his whole life, he knows how to train. He isn't of the age that inactivity=rust.

I am still all in on Loma. Skills and his varied offense at the weight he is used to fighting at equal a huge advantage over a naturally cautious fighter moving up 2 divisions. But I don't think the weight makes that big of a difference and Rigondeaux could hurt Lomachenko if Vasyl thinks he can punk this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigchip View Post
                  More experience in the pros? You’re kidding, right? He fought Donaire. Loma fought multiple world champions.
                  Increase or decrease your meds, friend. You're veering off path. Again. Rigo is a 100% fully qualified test for Loma.

Comment

Both fighters have always had a good work ethic, but IMO Rigo's is just a shade better. We'll learn a library's worth of info on both guys this weekend, because both will be tested like never before. Can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                    X