No announcement yet.

Should raise cruiserweight limit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should raise cruiserweight limit

i read an article on another website saying there should be a super heavyweight division at 230 lbs+ because it is unfair on "smaller heavyweights" but i say they should raise the cruiserweight limit to around 220 lbs to stop these smaller stocky sometimes overweight guys trying to fight in the HW division, these 6'0" to 6'2" guys are trying to pack weight onto their smaller frames which is why they come in soft and overweight looking

Heavyweights these days are naturally bigger and as mankind evolves, we will see plenty of 6'5", 240 lb guys with ripped muscle just like Wlad Klitschko, and when you have a guy like Klitschko as athletic with very fast hands and genuine HW KO power of course he is going to destroy they smaller HW's

these smaller HW's should be fighting in a raised cruiserweight division at 220 lbs, there should never be a super heavyweight division

i dont think thats a good move though. i personally cant stand the big HWs, so boring.. i think it might just be temporary that these big men are on top. cuz like u say nobody is in shape. dont sleep on the little guy, man. i think (hope) HW boxing gon go back to how it was, back when HWs would train. we still have big guys like arreola and peter fat as ****.

Comment

I think that a lot of the smaller heavyweights should just lose some of that fat, Guys like chambers would be much more effective at 200-205lb, I remember M Spinks weighing around 199-205lb and he beat big guys like Cooney. Outside of Wlad and Vitali there are not many good "Super Heavyweights", If they had no cruiserweight limit over the last few years Bell, Mormeck, in shape Toney, Adamek, Haye, ola afolabi and Cunningham would all have been added to the heavyweight division.

Comment

nah...... keep cruiserweight 200.

put a limit of 240 for heavyweight and make above 240 super heavyweight.

though......i think the heavyweight division will start having deaths and major injuries more common in the lower weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr._Pink View Post
          nah...... keep cruiserweight 200.

put a limit of 240 for heavyweight and make above 240 super heavyweight.

though......i think the heavyweight division will start having deaths and major injuries more common in the lower weight classes.
          hell no.. the last thing boxing needs is MORE weight divisions.

Comment

There is a super heavyweight division. I remember Butterbean defending a title at the weight.

Comment

guys like Ibragimov, Chagaev aren't genuine heavyweights, they are natural cruiserweights fighting at HW, they are fighting overweight which is why we are getting a lot these short, ugly, slow looking heavyweight boxers

on the other side of the coin, there should be a weight limit of 250 lbs on the heavyweight division, to stop guys with talent like Odlanier Solis getting overweight and waisting their talent,

If cruiserweights want to packed on fat and move up to the HW division then they have no right to complain about disadvantages against guys like the Klitschkos, because they aren't fighting at their natural weight

Comment

Originally posted by Machine Gunz View Post
                guys like Ibragimov, Chagaev aren't genuine heavyweights, they are natural cruiserweights fighting at HW, they are fighting overweight and pudgy looking which is why we are getting a lot these short, ugly, slow looking heavyweight boxers

on the other side of the coin, there should be a weight limit of 250 lbs on the heavyweight division, to stop guys with talent like Odlanier Solis getting overweight and waisting their talent,

If cruiserweights want to packed on fat and move up to the HW division then they have no right to complain about disadvantages against guys like the Klitschkos, because they aren't fighting at their natural weight
                If Chageav, Ibragimov Chambers etc came in at 200-210lb they would do much better against the big guys as they would have the speed to stick and move. Even some of the natural 220lb guys like Arreola and Peter come massively over weight. I don’t understand why they think coming in over weight is any benefit to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Machine Gunz View Post
                  guys like Ibragimov, Chagaev aren't genuine heavyweights, they are natural cruiserweights fighting at HW, they are fighting overweight which is why we are getting a lot these short, ugly, slow looking heavyweight boxers

Who's fault is it if a fighter gets overweight?

Comment

Originally posted by intoccabile View Post
                    Who's fault is it if a fighter gets overweight?
                    it is their own fault, they are cruisers packing on fat to chase glory at HW, they should be trim and ripped and fighting at their natural weight

Comment

Working...
                    X