Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Condit confirms what I've been saying since Saturday.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Condit confirms what I've been saying since Saturday.

"During the fight, I felt like I won four out of the five rounds. I watched it yesterday, and it looked a little bit closer ... I probably would have given Nick two and myself three."

"I think it was a tough fight to call, a tough fight to judge, and a lot of those rounds were really close."

"When you fight a battle, you want to pick the battleground. Nick Diaz loves to back a guy up against the cage. For what I was trying to do in the fight, I wanted a little more range. I was wanting to fight in the middle of the cage. It was a constant battle of positioning in the cage."

"I was throwing with nothing but bad intentions. I was trying to put flying knees on his chin, trying to hit him with spinning back elbows. I was trying to finish the fight."

"For fans that want to see two guys standing right in front of each other and beating each other's faces in, that's what they like to see. And a lot of times I fight like that. But this time, I employed a different strategy to get the win, and people have a problem with that."

"It is what it is," he said of the controversy surrounding the fight. "Just because I employed this strategy this time doesn't mean that I'm not going to come straight forward and look for the kill next time."
    MMAjunkie.

Underlined
    text is a straight up lie. Bold text is what I've been saying since Saturday...

Also, didn't he say before this fight he was going to come forward and look for the kill? Fool me once....

Comment

Originally posted by kaps View Post
      Also, didn't he say before this fight he was going to come forward and look for the kill? Fool me once....
      wasn't he in the middle of the ring the whole fight? nick didn't do shiet in there all he wanted was to pin the dude in the cage. it didn't work in the 1st round so he shoulda done a different game plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby No Sex View Post
        wasn't he in the middle of the ring the whole fight? nick didn't do shiet in there all he wanted was to pin the dude in the cage. it didn't work in the 1st round so he shoulda done a different game plan.
        You can't be going backwards for 24minutes and be in the center the whole fight, the only time he wasn't backing up is when he turned to run. Diaz won the first 2 rounds so it was working, take your hate blinders off dude....

Comment

You can't be going backwards for 24minutes and be in the center the whole fight, the only time he wasn't backing up is when he turned to run. Diaz won the first 2 rounds so it was working, take your hate blinders off dude....
          i dont hate diaz. i just hate that he didn't do shiet now we got this boring azz fight with condit and gsp. fawk that! that's my problem.

Comment

Condit did recover to the middle of the ring though. You call it running, I call it circling out and recovering position.

He also said he was trying to finish the fight as well. He was throwing with bad intentions. So he fought to win but he also tried to put Diaz out. Nick just has a steel face.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
              Condit did recover to the middle of the ring though. You call it running, I call it circling out and recovering position.

He also said he was trying to finish the fight as well. He was throwing with bad intentions. So he fought to win but he also tried to put Diaz out. Nick just has a steel face.
              That's what he said, but watching the fight you can't honestly believe that, his best strike was the high kick. Nick's been dropped by Top Strikers before, Daley and Zamariskis come to mind. I thought if Carlos would've fought his normal fight he could've dropped Diaz too and givin his finishing rate actually capitalized where others have failed....

Comment

You have in same article underlined: "i was throwing with nothing but bad intentions."

That's the way condit had always fought. Not his fault diaz never went down.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                  You have in same article underlined: "i was throwing with nothing but bad intentions."

That's the way condit had always fought. Not his fault diaz never went down.
                  After the article I pointed out that what I underlined was a bold faced lie. He thru one strike with bad intentions. You've obviously never seen Condit fight, check out his fight with Stun Gun or Hardy for details.....

Comment

MMAjunkie.

Underlined
                    text is a straight up lie. Bold text is what I've been saying since Saturday...
                    So your upset because he fought a smart fight?

kaps stop this man this is making you look desperate man, and I dont have an issue with u and dont wanna c u spiral downward lol. I hear what you are saying but let it go homez.

Comment

Working...
                    X