No announcement yet.

Video of Indonesian boxer's tragic end

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video of Indonesian boxer's tragic end

You may have heard the sad news of 17 year old Indonesian boxer getting killed about a week ago. This is the video of his last round. I didn't see the whole fight but judging from just that round, Sakti didn't look seriously hurt. At least not like Griffith-Peret where you could see the ref clearly could've stopped it earlier. In this case I don't think ref made a terrible decision, nobody could see that he was seriously hurt and the ref stopped it as soon as he was in trouble (unlike Peret fight)

Discuss.

(sorry for the terrible English)

video doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by Nagabilly View Post

You may have heard the sad news of 17 year old Indonesian boxer getting killed about a week ago. This is the video of his last round. I didn't see the whole fight but judging from just that round, Sakti didn't look seriously hurt. At least not like Griffith-Peret where you could see the ref clearly could've stopped it earlier. In this case I don't think ref made a terrible decision, nobody could see that he was seriously hurt and the ref stopped it as soon as he was in trouble (unlike Peret fight)

Discuss.

(sorry for the terrible English)

Comment

He was in dream land when he lifted his arms like that. I've never seen that happen. Sad video.

Comment

Don't understand why a lot of people criticize teh ref so much, he did nothing wrong imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ROSS CALIFORNIA View Post
            He was in dream land when he lifted his arms like that. I've never seen that happen. Sad video.
            I watched an interview of his dad on local channel the other day and it depressed the hell out of me. He's just a trucker who, in my country, probably earned 10 times less than his son (not that he earned much himself) his family depended on him. Sad stuff.

That recent article of Ali didn't help either. Bad weeks in terms of boxing news

Comment

Id like to meet that ref and thank him for stopping that fight, cos it didnt seem an obvious stoppage to make. And to think sometimes refs are given a hard time for stopping fights too early? I will never criticise a ref for stopping a fight when they feel its right now.

The boxers seemed ok but rather unusual body language. Its as if he knew instantly something werent right. And the haunted look on his face while lying down on the canvas is eery, you know that look is the look of a face where something is seriously wrong and he knows it.
              Last edited by hugh grant; 02-05-2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagabilly View Post
                I watched an interview of his dad on local channel the other day and it depressed the hell out of me. He's just a trucker who, in my country, probably earned 10 times less than his son (not that he earned much himself) his family depended on him. Sad stuff.

That recent article of Ali didn't help either. Bad weeks in terms of boxing news
                The article on Ali was completely fake.

Comment

That didn't look like a bad stoppage imo

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    Id like to meet that ref and thank him for stopping that fight, cos it didnt seem an obvious stoppage to make. And to think sometimes refs are given a hard time for stopping fights too early? I will never criticise a ref for stopping a fight when they feel its right now.

The boxers seemed ok but rather unusual body language. Its as if he knew instantly something werent right. And the haunted look on his face while lying down on the canvas is eery, you know that look is the look of a face where something is seriously wrong and he knows it.
                    Of course it is an obvious stoppage, if anything he was too slow in stopping it. The kid stopped defending himself and put his arms in the air to quit, he received 4 more clean punches before the ref jumped in.

Comment

Working...
                    X