• Show
Clear All

• small heavy weight tourney

jack demsey at the time he beat williard
    gene tunney at the time of the first dempsey fight
    Rocky at the time he beat walcot in the rematch
    ezzard charles when he beat louis

Who comes out on top?

i think its down to rocky and dempsey , i would have to go with rocky but dempsey was a beast at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
      jack demsey at the time he beat williard
      gene tunney at the time of the first dempsey fight
      Rocky at the time he beat walcot in the rematch
      ezzard charles when he beat louis

Who comes out on top?

Wow, some tough matches there. I don't think I could pick who comes out on top because I think that just about eveyone there loses to at least another.

Controversially I think that the Charles from the Louis fight was so much better than the Charles that met and terrified Marciano twice that I'd probably pick him to decision to the Rock. But that said, Marciano had the power to stop Charles.....so did Walcott! So it would be a very nervous bet!

But I think that Dempsey's ludicrously fast start and sheer speed/power and savagery might be too much for Charles, who didn't really like to start too fast at heavyweight.

I'd edge prime Dempsey over prime Tunney in a ridiculously competitive fight. The difference being prime Dempsey's pace and speed in comparison to the version that actually met Tunney.

I honestly can't pick a winner out of Marciano vs Tunney. But I think Tunney takes the early/mid rounds with Marciano coming on strong late.

Marciano vs Dempsey? Err........the only thing that I'm prepared to predict is that Dempsey starts better!

Charles vs Tunney: Again too tough to call, it really would boil down to form on the day. My head says Charles by a whisker!

And there we have it, it depends on the order of fights in the tournament.

Comment

Would take Dempsey as the favorite but i could see Ezzard winning too.

Comment

Working...
        X