Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Banks Preferred Another Road, But Credits Seth Mitchell

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Banks Preferred Another Road, But Credits Seth Mitchell

Johnathon Banks barely had time to enjoy his victory over Seth Mitchell before the heavyweight from Detroit learned for sure that his reward would be to meet Mitchell again three months later.

“I definitely wanted to move on to something different,” Banks, 30, said while discussing their Feb. 16 rematch at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City. “I wouldn’t say bigger or better [things] of any kind, but I would’ve wanted to move on to something different. But, I mean, you’ve got to go with what’s in black and white. He chose the rematch clause. That’s what he wanted, so that’s what we’re going to do.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

Just touch Sethie's chin and it's night night again.

Comment

It does show heart and resilience by way of Mitchell. I do like the fact he is trying to come back from that lose.

Comment

Rematch for a NON-titled bout gets silly sometimes. Poor Banks is stuck with a repeat bout that is meaningless to him. As for Seth he could just move on to another opponent at his stage he needs to see a variety of opponents. Somewhere down the road they could get together but right now isn't the best move for either man . The "revenge" or atonement match is highly over rated in these days. Win and lose you should just move on and except the conclusion, you can go back at another time. This a 5 to 8 month stall for Bank's career, he's no young pup! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          Rematch for a NON-titled bout gets silly sometimes. Poor Banks is stuck with a repeat bout that is meaningless to him. As for Seth he could just move on to another opponent at his stage he needs to see a variety of opponents. Somewhere down the road they could get together but right now isn't the best move for either man . The "revenge" or atonement match is highly over rated in these days. Win and lose you should just move on and except the conclusion, you can go back at another time. This a 5 to 8 month stall for Bank's career, he's no young pup! Ray.
          I agree that the rematch clause is just silly. But hey? when is the last time Banks was on HBO? Seth Mitchell punched his ticket to Premium Cable two times back to back, looking at the bright side.

Comment

I do agree somewhat. It's back and fourth, if Mitchell has a definitive win in this rematch it could do wonders for his career but another lose could finish it. While one the other hand, if banks wins it wont do much for his career, while a lose would be the same as for Mitchell.
            While in my view "Rematchs" can be a great thing for one fighter or the other and can finish one.

Comment

Credit to Mitchell for the having the heart and balls to step straight back into the ring with the guy who just knocked him out. Not an easy thing to do, and not something many would do.

Comment

Originally posted by jlcelestine View Post
                when is the last time Banks was on HBO? Seth Mitchell punched his ticket to Premium Cable two times back to back, looking at the bright side.
                Exactly. Seth Mitchell has been the best thing that ever happened to Jonathon Banks' career.

Comment

He had a rematch clause in the contract because of the WBC regional belt he held. It's very odd because most guys just vacate them. This was also an eliminator so I'm still a little confused on why banks can't just move on. I'm going to say the HBO payday had everything to do with it. I think the last time banks was on HBO was when he lost to adamek. I can't even recall if it was on HBO or show time.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
                    Credit to Mitchell for the having the heart and balls to step straight back into the ring with the guy who just knocked him out. Not an easy thing to do, and not something many would do.
                    Agreed, although I think he is going to regret it.

Comment

Working...
                    X