No announcement yet.

Chi Impressed with Boom Boom Bautista

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chi Impressed with Boom Boom Bautista

guys here's an article i fished out from a member of PACLAND, any comments ???

Chi impressed by Bautista in sparring

By Salven L. Lagumbay: No less than WBC World Featherweight champion In-jin Chi and his trainer, Jin-Kil Kim of Korea have been lavish with their praises for WBO Asia-Pacific Bantamweight king Rey 'Boom-Boom' Bautista after watching the latter clobber their two Korean stablemates in a torrid sparring session at the ALA gym last Tuesday afternoon.
    The 18-year-old teenage boxing sensation Bautista first took on the much bigger Jung Jae Kwong, bloodied the Korean's nose and inflicted a small cut above the latter's eye to abruptly halt the sparring session after just three rounds.

Next to spar with the talented Cebuano youngster was Minsung Lee, the Korean Super-bantamweight champion and OPBF No. 3 contender and it was no different as the reigning WBO Aspac titleholder practically outclassed the visitor.

"He is very good -- strong and brave. He will become a world champion," said the visibly surprised trainer, Jin-Kil Kim who also trains the two Korean stablemates of In-Jin Chi.

The two Koreans, Minsung Lee and Jung Jae Kwang are here to train at the ALA gym together with WBC World featherweight champion, In-Jin Chi in preparation for his title defense against Australian Tommy Browne on January 30, 2005 in Seoul, South Korea.

The Koreans opted to train here due to the freezing weather in Korea and also because of the quality of sparring partners among the boxers training at the ALA gym.

Bautista has been impressively sparring with heavier sparmates as in the case with the two Koreans and the 135 pounds lightweight Glen Masicampo whom he floored last week.

"He is two weeks away form peak form but his power is now awesome as we have long prepared for this because of the African iron-jaw reputation. We will go after the body if we have trouble knocking him out," said ALA Gym chief trainer Edito 'ALA' Villamor who was himself a former world-class fighter.

The power-punching Bautista is all business in his training for his first title defense against the dangerous African warrior, Vuyisile Bebe who is expected to fly in a week before the fight.

"The titular showdown between Bautista and Bebe will be an explosive thriller. I have seen the African fight and I have advised Bautista to be careful," warned Promoter Sammy "Don King" Gello-ani.

Boxing enthusiasts are advised to make their tickets reservation early and to refrain from buying from unauthorized outlets lest they are sold fake tickets which were rampant during the last boxing promotion.

Ticket are reasonably priced at P350 Ringside, P250 Lower Seat and P150 General Admission. Ticket Reservations are now accepted. Please call Leilani or Clarice at Tel No. (032) 346 3489 or Cellphone Nos. 09176211014 or 09173253005.

This is good news heard from boom boom bautista...

waiting only for his US debut.

Comment

Wow, taht's great news. But agains he is only 18, we'll still have to wait a few years before he's completely ripe. By the time Manny retires, he'll pass down the torch.

Comment

yeah Rey Boom Boom is the one next in line, and what great prospect, cuz he is a banger in the mold of Pacquiao ...

only thing that i wished also happened at ALA GYM was Pac sparring with Chi, but I guess Pac has better things to do like a commercial shoot, he he he ...

Comment

Better yet if Boom Boom becomes champ right now, so boxing fans will not say that the Philippines is only about Manny ....

Comment

right now I think Boom Boom is to raw but for sure he will learn a lot of lesson if he gets a shot for World Championship Belt, and being a big hitter that he is, he is a LIVE DOG and has a puncher's chance against anybody ...

Comment

mga p're nabasa ko sa dyaryo may laban si bautista sa hawaii if i remember it right sa march 11. di ko pa sya napanood, very impressive ba talaga itong si bautista? kung ibe-base dun sa record nyang 13-0, aba eh talagang magaling ito. sana manalo sya sa darating nyang laban para yumaman din sya gaya ni pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by chito
                mga p're nabasa ko sa dyaryo may laban si bautista sa hawaii if i remember it right sa march 11. di ko pa sya napanood, very impressive ba talaga itong si bautista? kung ibe-base dun sa record nyang 13-0, aba eh talagang magaling ito. sana manalo sya sa darating nyang laban para yumaman din sya gaya ni pacquiao.
                nakita ko na ito isang beses lumaban pare at tlagang im impressed dahil one punch lang ang binigay KO ang kalaban

Comment

Originally posted by nadz_melch24
                  nakita ko na ito isang beses lumaban pare at tlagang im impressed dahil one punch lang ang binigay KO ang kalaban

pare ko meron kang clips ni boom boom, di ko pa nakikita yang bata na yan, di ko nga din alam kung ano itsura...

Comment

Originally posted by jomapac
                    pare ko meron kang clips ni boom boom, di ko pa nakikita yang bata na yan, di ko nga din alam kung ano itsura...
                    wala pre pero na pa nood ko yung laban nya na pinakita yung nanalo sya sa OpBF ata yun. Ang ganda rin ng katawan bilog na rin at makikita mo yung mga masel nya. Sa tingon ko pagdating noon sa 21 yrs of age aakyat na ng feather yun malaki kasi yung hubog ng katawan nya para sa bantam.

Comment

Working...
                    X