Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rafael Alves BREAKS RECORD for missed weight in combat sports: over 11lbs over

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Rafael Alves BREAKS RECORD for missed weight in combat sports: over 11lbs over


  • #2
    False. Mayhem Miller once missed weight by 24 pounds lmfao. But yeah I cant believe this man even showed up

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
      False. Mayhem Miller once missed weight by 24 pounds lmfao. But yeah I cant believe this man even showed up
      Technically still a record.

      Miller's fight continued (just without him) - this one canceled the fight entirely.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by revelated View Post
        Technically still a record.

        Miller's fight continued (just without him) - this one canceled the fight entirely.

        I guess it’s easier to find a replacement during non-covid times for a “title” fight than this.

        So shouldnt the record still be Rumble since neither dude fought? The dude still fought and was 11pounds up...and lost in the first round. Embarrassing.

        Comment


        • #5
          He beat Rumble by half a pound lol. Rumble weighed in 11 lbs over when he fought Belfort at Middleweight. That was his first fight above Welterweight. Belfort fought him anyways and beat him, Rumble got cut from the UFC afterwards.

          I doubt Alves gets cut, not sure if he has a history of missing weight. Rumble missed weight at least 3 or 4 times at 170 before the Belfort fight. They'll probably force Alves to move up.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            He beat Rumble by half a pound lol. Rumble weighed in 11 lbs over when he fought Belfort at Middleweight. That was his first fight above Welterweight. Belfort fought him anyways and beat him, Rumble got cut from the UFC afterwards.

            I doubt Alves gets cut, not sure if he has a history of missing weight. Rumble missed weight at least 3 or 4 times at 170 before the Belfort fight. They'll probably force Alves to move up.
            He still didnt make 55 though lmao. But the guy said he got sick during the weight cut. Maybe it is a one off. Still, I feel bad for the other guy. Have some class and let him know youre not making it and dont let the opp suffer a weight cut

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              He still didnt make 55 though lmao. But the guy said he got sick during the weight cut. Maybe it is a one off. Still, I feel bad for the other guy. Have some class and let him know youre not making it and dont let the opp suffer a weight cut
              Agreed, with being 11 lbs over and apparently being sick, you would think his team would have known way ahead of time whether he could make weight or not.

              Comment


              • #8
                It's always interesting. We're told muscle weighs more than fat - and I believe it, but then you get some guys that just can't seem to cut - it's like the scale swears you gained pounds but you look slimmer.

                He didn't look overweight at all.

                Makes me wonder if he was doing strength training but didn't circuit and bulked too much...? Like he cut all the fat he could but then you got nothing left and you get sick because you're basically starving your system at that point.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  It's always interesting. We're told muscle weighs more than fat - and I believe it, but then you get some guys that just can't seem to cut - it's like the scale swears you gained pounds but you look slimmer.

                  He didn't look overweight at all.

                  Makes me wonder if he was doing strength training but didn't circuit and bulked too much...? Like he cut all the fat he could but then you got nothing left and you get sick because you're basically starving your system at that point.
                  He looked in amazing shape as it was. Generally you can tell why one guy isnt making weight. I don't know how much more that guy could suck out of his body but I guess it's the norm for him and MMA in general to cut obscene amounts of water weight.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X
                  TOP