Ufc 257

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dustin did a helluva job.

I didn’t think he was going to win

But when I was watching and seeing Conor try to treat this match like a boxing match? I knew he was probably going to lose or at least look bad in a decision win.

I don’t mean that as throwing punches either. Conor literally looked like he was trying to box in a boxing ring. You see it clearly in his weird swings that led up to him getting put out. (I think he tried to body jab and then a weird overhand left)

Dustin put it on him tho and that’s big praise deserving too. I don’t know where he goes from here. I hope not some bs match with gaethje for a vacant belt. Despite Conor losing, Gaethje looked even worse than Conor gettin bopped by Dustin.

Dustin-Conor 3 might be a play though. We saw it with Nate. Might see it here.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
      Dustin did a helluva job.

I didn’t think he was going to win

But when I was watching and seeing Conor try to treat this match like a boxing match? I knew he was probably going to lose or at least look bad in a decision win.

I don’t mean that as throwing punches either. Conor literally looked like he was trying to box in a boxing ring. You see it clearly in his weird swings that led up to him getting put out. (I think he tried to body jab and then a weird overhand left)

Dustin put it on him tho and that’s big praise deserving too. I don’t know where he goes from here. I hope not some bs match with gaethje for a vacant belt. Despite Conor losing, Gaethje looked even worse than Conor gettin bopped by Dustin.

Dustin-Conor 3 might be a play though. We saw it with Nate. Might see it here.
      Na, Poirier v McGregor 3 doesn't make any sense right now. I think Gaethje and Oliviera are ranked higher and if Dana takes Khabib's retirement then those 2 should fight for a belt. Poirier v Ferguson should probably happen and then the winners fight and the best lightweights will all have fought for that belt.

McGregor...he isn't cut out for this competitive division at his stage in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        Na, Poirier v McGregor 3 doesn't make any sense right now. I think Gaethje and Oliviera are ranked higher and if Dana takes Khabib's retirement then those 2 should fight for a belt. Poirier v Ferguson should probably happen and then the winners fight and the best lightweights will all have fought for that belt.

McGregor...he isn't cut out for this competitive division at his stage in his career.
        I can't argue against it. McGregor's head is turned. He's not committed to mma and he proved that with how he fought Poirier.

I don't like the idea of Poirier wasting his time with Tony or Gaethje.

Gaethje looked worse than Conor both against Khabib and Dustin. That's how bad Gaethje made himself look.

Tony is just a non factor.

I'd be down for Oliveira fighting Dustin but that has to be for the interim. Dustin can't be wasting time with meaningless fights after beating the biggest draw the UFC has.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
          I can't argue against it. McGregor's head is turned. He's not committed to mma and he proved that with how he fought Poirier.

I don't like the idea of Poirier wasting his time with Tony or Gaethje.

Gaethje looked worse than Conor both against Khabib and Dustin. That's how bad Gaethje made himself look.

Tony is just a non factor.

I'd be down for Oliveira fighting Dustin but that has to be for the interim. Dustin can't be wasting time with meaningless fights after beating the biggest draw the UFC has.
          But the rankings are rankings...unless they have changed after the weekend.

Basically, top 4 lightweights are Dustin, Justin, Oliviera and Tony. Any 2 of these guys should compete for the vacant title.

If cHandler continues, he can challenge next year.

Comment

But the rankings are rankings...unless they have changed after the weekend.

Basically, top 4 lightweights are Dustin, Justin, Oliviera and Tony. Any 2 of these guys should compete for the vacant title.

If cHandler continues, he can challenge next year.
            I think I'd put Chandler in the top 4 over Tony at this point. He's got some solid heat on him after his debut UFC win. Putting Ferg in a 4man tournament where he's already lost to two of the other three, & in his last 2 fights, doesn't seem like a great idea.

That said I'd rather see them just throw Dustin in with Oliviera for the belt instead of doing a tournament. Both got really good win streaks going on & never fought each other. Dustin has already beaten Justin even if it was awhile ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I think I'd put Chandler in the top 4 over Tony at this point. He's got some solid heat on him after his debut UFC win. Putting Ferg in a 4man tournament where he's already lost to two of the other three, & in his last 2 fights, doesn't seem like a great idea.

That said I'd rather see them just throw Dustin in with Oliviera for the belt instead of doing a tournament. Both got really good win streaks going on & never fought each other. Dustin has already beaten Justin even if it was awhile ago.
              UFC rankings are pretty consistent though and Chandler may not get top 4 after one win.

On a personal level, no issue with Chandler being in a 4 man tournament. I think Dana will be looking to decide an interim champ at least in the not so distant future and I doubt Chandler will be in line for something like that.

Comment

UFC rankings are pretty consistent though and Chandler may not get top 4 after one win.

On a personal level, no issue with Chandler being in a 4 man tournament. I think Dana will be looking to decide an interim champ at least in the not so distant future and I doubt Chandler will be in line for something like that.
                Hooker was like #6. Chandler IS #4 cuz the rankings have been updated.

Going the interim route is silly with Khabib's words saying he's done, but yea I think it's possible they go that way too.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  Hooker was like #6. Chandler IS #4 cuz the rankings have been updated.

Going the interim route is silly with Khabib's words saying he's done, but yea I think it's possible they go that way too.
                  I was wondering what would happen once rankings were updated. Looks like Tony is the one who gets the cut. As I said, no problem for me on that.

Yeah I agree, I'd rather a full title as Khabib states he has retired but Dana still dreaming that dream lol

Comment

Working...
                  X