Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I admit it. boxing SUCKS compared to mma.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah MMA is better at giving fans what they want

but it's still boxing for life

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      Boxing Fans PRIDE have them in Denial of a clear SHIFT in Popularity in Combat Sports but Ratings and PPV Buys are Confirming that UFC/MMA have Surpassed Boxing in Popularity here in America
      If YOU like something, YOU like something. It is irrelevant what other people are into. But seems to me in today's society? There are a lot of weasels and b*tches that just gravitate or like things because it is popular with a certain group of people, that they seem to care about 'Basically what I am describing is a sheeple, lemming type mentality' That is rife in certain generations.

Sicko this is the mentality that you are displaying, THE reason why I am getting quite intense about this? Is because this is not a good trait to have in life 'Why should I care? I don't mate, but I just think this is a good way to end my night.

I am not in denial about anything, because I don't care. Why are we meant to care what you think? Or any other weasel? There could be a new combat sport appear in afew years, that makes you whinge about Mixed Martial arts.

Comment

Just watch BOTH people. Go with whatever has the better main event, better undercard, etc switch back and forth.

Comment

Always see your types complaining on here while good fights are occuring live lol. Not like you have to post in RBR threads to prove youre a fan or watching but you guys are actively avoiding good boxing it seems. Shut up and turn on showtime

Comment

Originally posted by 'b' View Post
            UFC has more good fights as it is one organisation and the best are made to fight the best, but boxing still has some insane fights made from time to time. If you aren't a fan of boxing you aren't a fan, no-one can convince you otherwise. We stick around for the good fights, not to make excuses for the politics and BS. Real boxing fans are the most critical of boxing because we understand how bad it is at times but for the love of boxing and for the love of seeing the best fight the best, and for the most technical stand-up striking to be found.

The sweet science either captures you or it doesn't, I still enjoy MMA but there are many bum fights in MMA as well what with the laying and fence stalling and frankly at times, ATROCIOUS technical/athletic ability.
            I agree. Good post.

Comment

mmgay is WWE for drunken fratboys who realized pro wrestling is fake. it has no appeal to real boxing fans (ie. a real sport)

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                If YOU like something, YOU like something. It is irrelevant what other people are into. But seems to me in today's society? There are a lot of weasels and b*tches that just gravitate or like things because it is popular with a certain group of people, that they seem to care about 'Basically what I am describing is a sheeple, lemming type mentality' That is rife in certain generations.

Sicko this is the mentality that you are displaying, THE reason why I am getting quite intense about this? Is because this is not a good trait to have in life 'Why should I care? I don't mate, but I just think this is a good way to end my night.

I am not in denial about anything, because I don't care. Why are we meant to care what you think? Or any other weasel? There could be a new combat sport appear in afew years, that makes you whinge about Mixed Martial arts.
                It is not about who like boxing and who doesn't, my comment is more for the Powers That Be in Boxing and how they're Dropping the ball and how THEY have ALLOWED UFC to Surpass Boxing in Popularity in America because of their EGO, Greed and just flat out being out of touch overall

YES you damn right I want more people watching boxing, you damn right I care about the current state of boxing and I don't want boxing to further Decline and then all of a sudden Networks are no longer investing into boxing and instead looking to replace boxing with more MMA

Not saying Boxing needs to go in Panic Mode, but it is a call to step up and make big match ups more consistently and we need to see more of the best fighting the best regardless of which Promotion or Network or App they're signed exclusively to
                Last edited by sicko; 10-24-2020, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Mma is more of a tough man competition, boxing is much more technical.

You can have an mma guy that can’t throw a straight punch for ****tt against a skilled puncher and kicker and all the other guy has to do is grab him hug him against the fence and somehow he “wins” the fight lol

Mma is for bar rooms fans boxing is for real knowledagble fans.

Comment

One of the best MMA fights I saw was Zombie vs La Pantera. Have they done anything worthwhile since? I haven't read anything about either since that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 'b' View Post
                      UFC has more good fights as it is one organisation and the best are made to fight the best, but boxing still has some insane fights made from time to time. If you aren't a fan of boxing you aren't a fan, no-one can convince you otherwise. We stick around for the good fights, not to make excuses for the politics and BS. Real boxing fans are the most critical of boxing because we understand how bad it is at times but for the love of boxing and for the love of seeing the best fight the best, and for the most technical stand-up striking to be found.

The sweet science either captures you or it doesn't, I still enjoy MMA but there are many bum fights in MMA as well what with the laying and fence stalling and frankly at times, ATROCIOUS technical/athletic ability.
                      There is one problem with your analysis. In MMA the best fight the best, but MMA's best just are not that good. When a fake wrestler who is nothing, but a phony tough guy comes in and takes your heavyweight title when he has less than 5 fights then that shows MMA is a joke.

In MMA they are obsessed with trying to create a Tyson or Paqman so they are always bragging and talking about so and so is the ATG, yet when they have a fighter or fighters labelled as the best ever they usually lose and get their ass beat on a consistent basis. MMA is a fraud because you have a bunch of guys who have no fight experience up until their mid-20s all of a sudden become "fighters" and their inexperience in getting hit always shines through. MMA will never have a Tyson like figure because MMA has no amateur system in which they can create true fighters at a young age. Learning to fight in your mid-20 some on their late-20s and early 30s is just not a recipe for making real fighters. In boxing they start at 12 yrs old that is why boxers are superior fighters and will always have true god-like fighters such as Ali, Robinson, Paq, on and on. MMA will never have greats like boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X