Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I admit it. boxing SUCKS compared to mma.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnbook
    replied
    Originally posted by TMLT87 View Post
    He outstruck a guy who was meant to be better than him on the feet, all around dominated him, kept up the pressure and then made him tap in the 2nd round. It wasnt an epic back and forth battle (I dont think many expected it to be) but it was a pretty ****ing impressive dominant performance, and came at the end of an insane night of fights. Best UFC card of the year and one of the better ones historically imo especially with the significance of Khabib retiring at the end of it.
    Justin just ran and was breathless in half a round. No excitement.
    Fake buildup.

Leave a comment:

• DJS
    replied
    But its not boxing. This is like saying boxers are disgustingly bad at jiu jitsu and muay thai.
    It is punching and avoiding punches. Those guys are terrible at it. I enjoy high level boxing.

Leave a comment:

• nino brown21
    replied
    Originally posted by skybox222 View Post
    kudos to dana. the best fight the best on a weekly basis.

boxing has too many belts, divas, marinating, the list goes on.

I'm 20 years old and watching boxing is like watching paint dry. I want some action.

screw boxing.
    You should watch Estrada vs cuadras 2 . Happened this Friday . great fight with 2 great fighters with skill and stamina ...

Leave a comment:

• TMLT87
    replied
    Originally posted by DJS View Post
    Those guys are disgustingly bad at boxing.
    But its not boxing. This is like saying boxers are disgustingly bad at jiu jitsu and muay thai.

Leave a comment:

• DJS
    replied
    The LW division of the last 5ish years has been one of the biggest shark tanks in the sports history. Khabib is just that good.

Its like the LHW division a few years back when Jones was just on another level even though there was like 4-5 other guys who would have had a good shot at being champions in a different era.

MMA doesnt have counters? Adesanya isnt slick?
    Those guys are disgustingly bad at boxing.

Leave a comment:

• TMLT87
    replied
    Originally posted by Mushroom View Post

There just arenít any elite fighters at LW other than him
    The LW division of the last 5ish years has been one of the biggest shark tanks in the sports history. Khabib is just that good.

Its like the LHW division a few years back when Jones was just on another level even though there was like 4-5 other guys who would have had a good shot at being champions in a different era.

Originally posted by DJS View Post
    I like good, quality punches, counters and slick moves. MMA does not provide that.
    MMA doesnt have counters? Adesanya isnt slick?

Leave a comment:

• DJS
    replied
    I like good, quality punches, counters and slick moves. MMA does not provide that.

Leave a comment:

• paulf
    replied
    Apples and oranges.

UFC is a different sport but puts out a superior product because they are the de-facto major league of their sport. Boxing has no such similar entity.

Leave a comment:

• Mushroom
    replied
    Originally posted by johnbook View Post
    The Khabib fight was underwhelming at best.
    Yup. I couldn’t understand why some MMA pundits were claiming this was a 50/50 fight. Dan hardy included.

Justin sucks. He throws telegraphed punches that loop around half the solar system and back. He throws punches like my mate Dave clutching a kebab in one hand after a night of beer.

There just aren’t any elite fighters at LW other than him

Leave a comment:

• TMLT87
    replied
    Originally posted by johnbook View Post
    The Khabib fight was underwhelming at best.
    He outstruck a guy who was meant to be better than him on the feet, all around dominated him, kept up the pressure and then made him tap in the 2nd round. It wasnt an epic back and forth battle (I dont think many expected it to be) but it was a pretty ****ing impressive dominant performance, and came at the end of an insane night of fights. Best UFC card of the year and one of the better ones historically imo especially with the significance of Khabib retiring at the end of it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X