Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I admit it. boxing SUCKS compared to mma.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MMA is glorified street fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
      Boxing, bare knuckle, kickboxing, MMA. If there's a fight on, I'm watching it. You don't have to choose between them.
      I don't like bare knuckle tbh slightly too brutal for me but i agree with this not sure why people arguing which is better they are both entertaining and have their pros/cons.

Comment

Originally posted by skybox222 View Post
        kudos to dana. the best fight the best on a weekly basis.

boxing has too many belts, divas, marinating, the list goes on.

I'm 20 years old and watching boxing is like watching paint dry. I want some action.

screw boxing.
        Then why does boxing make higher PPV sales?

Isn't the highest mma PPV of all time McGregor v Khabib at 2m?

AJ makes nearly that many sales fighting unknowns

Comment

Originally posted by abracada View Post
          Then why does boxing make higher PPV sales?

Isn’t the highest mma PPV of all time McGregor v Khabib at 2m?

AJ makes nearly that many sales fighting unknowns
          The UFC kills boxing on PPV actually, its been the more consistent PPV draw since around 2006/07 already but Floyd was carrying boxing on PPV for a long time as a huge star. Now hes gone its not close. The Charlo PPV went head to head with Adesanya/Costa a month ago, one did 120k buys, one did 700k.

And AJ fights are on UK PPV for roughly the equivalent of $25, UFC PPVs are $65 in the US.
          Last edited by TMLT87; 10-25-2020, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            I've posted before, even as a Super Hardcore Long Time Boxing Fan...

UFC Cards and PPV's As a Whole are often times 10x Better than Most Boxing Cards!

Boxing Fans PRIDE have them in Denial of a clear SHIFT in Popularity in Combat Sports but Ratings and PPV Buys are Confirming that UFC/MMA have Surpassed Boxing in Popularity here in America
            Exactly paying for a Ppv full card to watch MMA is the way to go way better match up and cards boxing is still stuck in the main event only with bums been beaten by prospects to stack it up

Comment

Whats there to cry about, I watch and enjoy both sports, some things in life dont have to be your better, just enjoy .

Comment

Originally posted by Inspired View Post
                we have usyk vs chisora, whyte vs povetkin 2, Daniel dubois vs Joe Joyce coming up in the HWs. There's also Parker vs Fa.
                You're scraping the barrel now mate.

Comment

Originally posted by musiol View Post
                  Exactly paying for a Ppv full card to watch MMA is the way to go way better match up and cards boxing is still stuck in the main event only with bums been beaten by prospects to stack it up
                  "still stuck in the main event only"....

That is such an odd statement in terms of boxing. I mean, you are absolutely correct but when boxing first started to put on pay per views and at the peak of ppv quality in the 80s and 90s, many of those big cards were absolutely stacked. Quite similar to UFC cards today.

Comment

Such a stupid statement. It's like saying billiards is shti, I prefer pool. It's two different games. If you like punches, kicks and wrestling then watch mma. If you only like punching, then boxing it is. I like martial arts AND boxing, so I watch both.
                    The initial statement says more about you than mma or boxing.

Comment

Here is what i legitimately don't understand. If MMA is so great why do we have fanboys coming on here to tell us about it? I don't go onto thier forums posting up Hagler vs Hearns and going "beat that wrestle boys"

Bores the **** out if me all that rolling around and 3rd rate striking but each to thier own.

Comment

Working...
                      X