Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I admit it. boxing SUCKS compared to mma.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boxing, bare knuckle, kickboxing, MMA. If there's a fight on, I'm watching it. You don't have to choose between them.

Comment

The Friday and Saturday cards for boxing made MMA look pretty lame, tbh.

Comment

While I can appreciate both. There is something about two men (or women) squaring up and deciding to duke it out without using anything other than their fists. At the end of the day, this is the most dynamic way to represent human violence.

MMA takes it a little too far for my liking. Not the blood and guts, but the contrast of limitations to ones arsenal. In other words, having more tools in your tool box can allow too much domination(mma star rises very often). Having one tool in the draw and still completing the job is much more impressive.

With one tool at your disposal, you have to use your brain like a computer to get the very same job done. I just appreciate that more. It’s the increased struggle that intrigues me. Sorry not sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
          The Friday and Saturday cards for boxing made MMA look pretty lame, tbh.

real boxing fans do not watch mma

Comment

Originally posted by deowal View Post
            Exactly. REAL being the keyword.

Comment

Originally posted by deowal View Post
              Real boxing fans make more than 4 posts in 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by sentax View Post
                We all know at some point in time that we will no longer enjoy Boxing, we just don't know when that's gonna be. Some of us know at 20, some of us know at 40, but we'll all know at some point.
                This one. For a few years I have lost interest in boxing, both me personally to train / fight and also to watch it, hopefully the flame comes back on though.

Now there are some interesting fighters that are making it interesting again to watch, to list a few.

Julio Cesar Martinez
                Teofimo Lopez Jr
                Devin Haney
                Tank Davis
                Israil Madrimov

Comment

UFC is run better. Great cards every month, good promotion, always loads of great promo docs and analysis. Good fights in the prelims too. The whole product is much better than boxing.

The sport isn't better though

Comment

There has been some real good fights lately, cannot say that about MMA.

Comment

A lot of boxing fans get very defensive and insecure about MMA and start clinging to any weird dumb excuses they can make to justify not liking it, but I dont know how anyone could tune into a UFC card like that one just now with an open mind and by the end of it come to any other conclusion than its an overall superior product to boxing. Its far more exciting, more unpredictable, the cards are deeper, the presentation is better, theres more finishes, the finishes are more dramatic etc etc. You just do not get fight nights like that in boxing. Its absolute self denial to not see that.

But, you know....you can like more than one thing, and follow more than one thing. Boxing still has good fights and fighters and things to care about.

Comment

Working...
                      X