No announcement yet.

Frank Dux the Jean-Claude Van Damme's Bloodsport character was a fake

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Dux the Jean-Claude Van Damme's Bloodsport character was a fake

Apparently Frank Dux of Bloodsport fame and the character Jean-Claude Van Damme became famous for was all a hoax. His claim to fame: fight record 321 wins, 1 loss and 7 draws (though in 2014 he told AXS TV he had retired with a fight record of 329 wins, 0 losses) is said to be just a fabricated story and the credit at the end of Bloodsport was all fake.

A bit of a long read but I found it interesting...

https://martialartsfraudsandfakes.wo...ve-fallen-off/

Yeah years ago I saw yts of martial artists saying he was fake.

Comment

This has been common knowledge in the MA community for decades.

There's only one documented fight Dux had in his life. It was a street fight with Zane Frazier. Frazier was a kickboxer who had some sort of business relationship with Dux and felt cheated out of money. The two crossed paths at some big MA event and fought. Frazier got the better of him.

One of the observers was Rorion Gracie and Art Davie, who founded and owned the UFC at that time. Gracie, who had never ever heard of Zane Frazier but knew who Dux was, gave Zane Frazier a spot in the UFC 1 tournament because of that fight.

Frazier lost his fight at UFC 1, and went on the have a 4-11 record in MMA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zane_Frazier

There are ALOT of other links on the Internet about this.

Comment

Yeah I remember reading about this too. Also read he started a tournament that he won so he could give himself a trophy he had made. What a douche. Almost as fake as those pressure point fighters or those guys that claim to be able to knock out anyone without even touching them by using "chi".

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Yeah I remember reading about this too. Also read he started a tournament that he won so he could give himself a trophy he had made. What a douche. Almost as fake as those pressure point fighters or those guys that claim to be able to knock out anyone without even touching them by using "chi".
          Close.

There was no tournament at all. But yes, Dux did show off a trophy.

Turned out a local store who makes those things presented a receipt signed by Dux for the trophy.

Dux trotted out some half baked excuse, but the secret was getting out at that point.

He also sued or was sued by Van Damme. He committed perjury in that case, but was lucky he wasnt prosecuted. Of course Van Damme won that case. You can find records of it online, and it was even live on CourtTV. The case was about writing credits or something, iirc.

As to the chi people, yes, they are scammers of a different breed than Dux, but scammers nonetheless.

Comment

Van Damme was the "actor" who played him, but he has more of a legit martial arts background than Dux.

Van Damme should have kicked his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              Close.

There was no tournament at all. But yes, Dux did show off a trophy.

Turned out a local store who makes those things presented a receipt signed by Dux for the trophy.

Dux trotted out some half baked excuse, but the secret was getting out at that point.

He also sued or was sued by Van Damme. He committed perjury in that case, but was lucky he wasnt prosecuted. Of course Van Damme won that case. You can find records of it online, and it was even live on CourtTV. The case was about writing credits or something, iirc.

As to the chi people, yes, they are scammers of a different breed than Dux, but scammers nonetheless.
              LOL holy s***. And to think Dux even got himself hired to do choreography on some martial arts flicks. There's a dude on Cracked that does some martial arts articles who did one on the biggest phonies. I gotta see if it's still on there. I know one was a guy who got exposed by Hermes Franca, who used to be in the UFC before he went to prison for some creepy stuff. But he fought this one dude just for a dollar just to shut him up because he knew he was full of crap haha. And I believe there's videos on youtube where some old guy shows the no touch technique, getting some students to flop to the ground, but then when in a real fight loses by TKO when taking 1 good kick to the head.

Comment

Frank Dux was the Charlie Zelenoff of Martial Arts...but at least he he made some money with it.

Comment

LOL holy s***. And to think Dux even got himself hired to do choreography on some martial arts flicks.
                  True. Like I said, iirc credits of some sort were behind that Van Damme lawsuit.

There's a dude on Cracked that does some martial arts articles who did one on the biggest phonies. I gotta see if it's still on there. I know one was a guy who got exposed by Hermes Franca, who used to be in the UFC before he went to prison for some creepy stuff. But he fought this one dude just for a dollar just to shut him up because he knew he was full of crap haha.
                  I remember hearing of that, but I cant recall the particulars.

I also saw one where a UFC gym had a phony instructor. Either an active fighter or a high ranking BJJ guy went in there to roll, and when the excuses came out he started taking video.

After he put it online and called that gym, the phony guy was fired.

And I believe there's videos on youtube where some old guy shows the no touch technique, getting some students to flop to the ground, but then when in a real fight loses by TKO when taking 1 good kick to the head.
                  Close.

Theres actually 2 in that vein.

One is a local TV news station doing a report on this clown who calls himself The Human Stun Gun. He had video of him doing this crap.

Not only did he fail to KO the small female reporter with his chi, he actually hit her in the head, and she also dismt go down.

Then they went to a BJJ gym and it failed to work on any of them. Funny thing is you see a young Stephan Bonner as one of the BJJ guys he fails to KO.

Then the 2nd one is that guy's instructor, George Dillman. This one is a National Geographic show on chi. The scientist, a small little dude, lets Dillman's top student try. He fails, badly.

Dillman then made some absolutely ridiculous excuses as to why it didn't work, and then refused to try himself.

All those vids are online, or used to be. I've seen every one myself.

I'll look if asked.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                    True. Like I said, iirc credits of some sort were behind that Van Damme lawsuit.

I remember hearing of that, but I cant recall the particulars.

I also saw one where a UFC gym had a phony instructor. Either an active fighter or a high ranking BJJ guy went in there to roll, and when the excuses came out he started taking video.

After he put it online and called that gym, the phony guy was fired.

Close.

Theres actually 2 in that vein.

One is a local TV news station doing a report on this clown who calls himself The Human Stun Gun. He had video of him doing this crap.

Not only did he fail to KO the small female reporter with his chi, he actually hit her in the head, and she also dismt go down.

Then they went to a BJJ gym and it failed to work on any of them. Funny thing is you see a young Stephan Bonner as one of the BJJ guys he fails to KO.

Then the 2nd one is that guy's instructor, George Dillman. This one is a National Geographic show on chi. The scientist, a small little dude, lets Dillman's top student try. He fails, badly.

Dillman then made some absolutely ridiculous excuses as to why it didn't work, and then refused to try himself.

All those vids are online, or used to be. I've seen every one myself.

I'll look if asked.
                    Oh I know who you mean. But this was different. It was some old dude who kind of waved his arms around. This guy Seanbaby on Cracked does a lot of sports and fight related articles on that site, but I can't seem to find these anymore on there. The videos might still be on youtube though. One was with his students where he was waving his arms and the students were falling down. Then the other video was his first actual fight with some karate black belt and after getting hit once, he was pretty much done, but the ref lets it continue a little longer. I believe the karate dude lands another kick, a few chops and the ref stopped it.

Comment

Working...
                    X