Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is it. Boy was my description off lol:

Comment

Originally posted by jaded View Post
      Frank Dux was the Charlie Zelenoff of Martial Arts...but at least he he made some money with it.

Frank Dux vs. Juggernaut666 is the fight to make.

I don't think Dux can handle Jugg's stiff right hands to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        Oh I know who you mean. But this was different. It was some old dude who kind of waved his arms around. This guy Seanbaby on Cracked does a lot of sports and fight related articles on that site, but I can't seem to find these anymore on there. The videos might still be on youtube though. One was with his students where he was waving his arms and the students were falling down. Then the other video was his first actual fight with some karate black belt and after getting hit once, he was pretty much done, but the ref lets it continue a little longer. I believe the karate dude lands another kick, a few chops and the ref stopped it.
        Ah yes, I recall that one. One of the more famous ones. Lol

When the chi guy gets hit the first time, he is completely stunned!! Then he gets hit a few more times and it's all over. The fight only lasted like 15 seconds or so, right?

Comment

I think this is it. Boy was my description off lol:
          Yup, that's the one!!

I can post up some others up later if any of yall want to see them and they are still online.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
            Yup, that's the one!!

I can post up some others up later if any of yall want to see them and they are still online.
            If you want. Was watching some Dillman footage earlier and it was cringe inducing. Douche chills as Opie and Anthony used to call it.

Interesting coincidence since James Randi died this week and he was a guy who became famous for debunking psychics. There should be a guy that does that for fake martial artists. In the 20th anniversary documentary on the UFC in 2013, Art Davie said when they promoted the UFC that they would just take what fighters said at face value and they pretty much would be proved right or wrong once they entered the cage and fought. He was pretty much right. After one fight we all know who were the real tough guys and who weren't/who had the real skill in there. Sometimes a guy would claim to come up with his own system, like Jon Hess with SAFTA, but he only won once, I believe in what's considered one of the worst UFC fights ever. Andy Anderson, who he beat, was memorable because he was in attendance at a few of the early events and owned a chain of topless bars.

Comment

Interesting coincidence since James Randi died this week and he was a guy who became famous for debunking psychics. There should be a guy that does that for fake martial artists.
              There are.

One of the more famous is a man named Xu Xiaodong. He's a Chinese MMA fighter who challenges these kinds of people. The Chinese government has made his life rough, as Kung Fu is revered by the Chinese gov't and this man is telling the truth about the fact there is alot of flim-flam in Kung Fu even to this day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xu_Xiaodong

You really have few MA frauds left in the US these days. Yes, a few still exist like Dillman and 'Ashida Kim'. But MMA, the Internet, and even 'dojo storming' and Internet challenges by legit people have gotten rid of most frauds. The ones left are small potatoes now compared to how many marks they had in the days before MMA and the Internet.

Problem is in China media content is censored. They don't get to see what we saw in terms of what arts work in a live setting and which do not because their government wants them to be snookered for political reasons.

In the 20th anniversary documentary on the UFC in 2013, Art Davie said when they promoted the UFC that they would just take what fighters said at face value and they pretty much would be proved right or wrong once they entered the cage and fought. He was pretty much right. After one fight we all know who were the real tough guys and who weren't/who had the real skill in there. Sometimes a guy would claim to come up with his own system, like Jon Hess with SAFTA, but he only won once, I believe in what's considered one of the worst UFC fights ever. Andy Anderson, who he beat, was memorable because he was in attendance at a few of the early events and owned a chain of topless bars.
              Quite true.

Most of the guys did have 'legit' backgrounds, though as we saw quickly alot of the arts they had legit rank in just were not effective in a real fight.

I remember the Hess fight. He was unable to continue after his fight (which he was fined for because he used eye gouges). Hess talked mad smack about his system, and he had just one more fight. He fought a young Vitor Belfort and was knocked unconscious in under 15 seconds. Video of that fight circulates online.

As to Mr Anderson, last I heard he was serving a long prison sentence. Iirc, it involved drug dealing.

The below book is probably the best book you will ever find for the early days of NHB. Since you seem interested in this, I cannot recommend this book enough:

https://www.amazon.com/No-Holds-Barr.../dp/1903854105

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post

Yeah, that was the one I saw. The excuses are priceless when they know they've been exposed.

Comment

The first time I heard dude saying he won a single elimination tournament with a 50-0 record or something like that I knew this mfer was full of sh^t (& sucked at math). 6-0 wins you the NCAA 64 team tournament. 50-0 probably wins you a tournament vs the entire population on earth & 2 more earth like planets.

Comment

Yup. Old story. Total fake.

Comment

Working...
                      X