Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khabib urges people to respect lockdown orders as coronavirus cases spike in Russia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Khabib urges people to respect lockdown orders as coronavirus cases spike in Russia

    UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov wants people to respect the stay-at-home orders that have been issued as the coronavirus pandemic continues to sweep the globe.

    The undefeated Russian, who returned home to Dagestan prior to his UFC 249 fight against Tony Ferguson being postponed, has spoken previously about the severity of the COVID-19 outbreak that has infected more than 3 million people worldwide.

    Just this week, Russia announced a spike in COVID-19 infections with 6,411 announced on Tuesday, bringing the country's total to 93,558 with 867 deaths.

    "Many hoped that this trouble would pass our house by; many still don't believe in the seriousness of the situation," Nurmagomedov wrote on his Instagram page (translation by RT Sport) "However, our negligence toward the advice and requests of doctors, coupled with the panic that has developed among the people, has led to a high rate of the spread of the disease, worsening an already difficult situation every day. This has led to the fact that our hospitals are now overcrowded with patients, there aren't enough specialists or drugs, and the number of patients is only growing.

    "Believe me. This disease is deadly and we already feel it. Staying at home, we can reduce the burden on doctors and hospitals, and perhaps our timely care will save lives. Take care of your loved ones, do not let them out of the house unnecessarily. May Allah protect us all from all diseases and cure the sick and loved ones all around the world."

    Russian president Vladimir Putin extended the country's stay-at-home orders through May 11 with plans to hopefully work towards a "phased exit" to allow people to return to work after that date.

    "The daily increase in cases has relatively stabilized, but this mustn't calm us down, the situation is still very serious," Putin said. "The peak is not behind us, we are about to face a new and grueling phase of the pandemic... the deadly threat of the virus remains."

    Nurmagomedov initially returned home to Dagestan to finish his training camp after he was told UFC 249 was likely moving locations to Abu Dhabi. When that fell apart, the reigning lightweight champion was essentially trapped at home after Russia issued travel restrictions to prevent people from leaving or entering the country to slow the spread of the deadly disease.

    Nurmagomedov is currently observing Ramadan until May 23 with plans to fight again later this year with a targeted return date around September.

  • #2
    I'm impressed.

    Democrats said that Putin is a bloodthirsty, heartless murderer. I figured he would have sent soldiers to kill every positive case and burn the bodies.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      UFC lightweight champion Khabib Nurmagomedov wants people to respect the stay-at-home orders that have been issued as the coronavirus pandemic continues to sweep the globe.

      The undefeated Russian, who returned home to Dagestan prior to his UFC 249 fight against Tony Ferguson being postponed, has spoken previously about the severity of the COVID-19 outbreak that has infected more than 3 million people worldwide.

      Just this week, Russia announced a spike in COVID-19 infections with 6,411 announced on Tuesday, bringing the country's total to 93,558 with 867 deaths.

      "Many hoped that this trouble would pass our house by; many still don't believe in the seriousness of the situation," Nurmagomedov wrote on his Instagram page (translation by RT Sport) "However, our negligence toward the advice and requests of doctors, coupled with the panic that has developed among the people, has led to a high rate of the spread of the disease, worsening an already difficult situation every day. This has led to the fact that our hospitals are now overcrowded with patients, there aren't enough specialists or drugs, and the number of patients is only growing.

      "Believe me. This disease is deadly and we already feel it. Staying at home, we can reduce the burden on doctors and hospitals, and perhaps our timely care will save lives. Take care of your loved ones, do not let them out of the house unnecessarily. May Allah protect us all from all diseases and cure the sick and loved ones all around the world."

      Russian president Vladimir Putin extended the country's stay-at-home orders through May 11 with plans to hopefully work towards a "phased exit" to allow people to return to work after that date.

      "The daily increase in cases has relatively stabilized, but this mustn't calm us down, the situation is still very serious," Putin said. "The peak is not behind us, we are about to face a new and grueling phase of the pandemic... the deadly threat of the virus remains."

      Nurmagomedov initially returned home to Dagestan to finish his training camp after he was told UFC 249 was likely moving locations to Abu Dhabi. When that fell apart, the reigning lightweight champion was essentially trapped at home after Russia issued travel restrictions to prevent people from leaving or entering the country to slow the spread of the deadly disease.

      Nurmagomedov is currently observing Ramadan until May 23 with plans to fight again later this year with a targeted return date around September.
      Stop aging Tony Ferguson you phaggot !

      Comment


      • #4
        yes! it's serious. but all that shiiet he was talking before and then the way he pulled out, i lost respect for the guy.. i wasnt a fan of him before but now im really not interest.

        if khabib would have just came out and be like, im not fighting, i wanna be with my family during a time like this. i would have no problem but he made all type of excuses as to why he couldnt fight.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by EDDIE SPERM View Post
          Stop aging Tony Ferguson you phaggot !
          Bro him and Dana have avoided ferguson for years. They were lucky ferguson broke his knee.

          Comment


          • #6
            He could fight Ferguson though. No excuses for that.

            Comment


            • #7
              Yeah the fight was signed and fell through 6 times, but Khabib scared doe... I guess lucky number 7. They should get it right next time.

              Originally posted by Dayo View Post
              He could fight Ferguson though. No excuses for that.
              Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              Bro him and Dana have avoided ferguson for years. They were lucky ferguson broke his knee.
              Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
              yes! it's serious. but all that shiiet he was talking before and then the way he pulled out, i lost respect for the guy.. i wasnt a fan of him before but now im really not interest.

              if khabib would have just came out and be like, im not fighting, i wanna be with my family during a time like this. i would have no problem but he made all type of excuses as to why he couldnt fight.

              Comment


              • #8
                There are some idiots in Dagestan who do not believe in the virus at all.

                Comment

                Working...
                X
                TOP